Monday, May 01, 2017

Strings and Scraps and 9 Patches - Oh My!!

That is sorta like Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my!  but.... the Quilters Version!!

I was  digging for my May One Monthly Goal/UFO project and well.... I got into this.... and well.... you all understand right???

I trim all of the backs of the quilts that we do, and the big pieces go into one bucket and strings go into another, and it accidentally started to spill over!


What is a Girl to do???  I sorted and I pulled all the red White and Blues and then.... I may have started another project!



 I blame the wind.... I really don't enjoy the wind, and it is blowing ....

Oh!!



And just so you know - this is not all of them - this is what just got sorted into that box . I may have a few projects to make.







More.... cuz I know you wanted to see - it;s sort of like when the police pulls a car over, you slow down and gawk.... and if you live in a small town, you see if you know the driver.....   You know so you can blackmail them later ;-)
I turned on my Nascar/Netflix and got to stitching...

and trimming
( and I'll be danged if I didn't make more scraps from my scraps!)


and this is where I am *Right *Smack* Now*


Or maybe here......

Yes - this is where I think I am



as is par for my quilting ( and maybe even my life story)
I am one block short!


Linking to:
One Monthly Goal   So that I stick with it and finish it!!

21 comments:

Ariane said...

Wow! That's a lot accomplished for just deciding to sort scraps and sew. Love it!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm sure you can find enough fabric for ONE more block, can't you? BTW... I absolutely LOVE the design that you are working with!! Makes me want to go dig in my scraps, but there are TOO many things on the go right now. Too many, I tell you!! So NO!! Your cute little quilt will NOT lure me to my scrap bins...

Laura said...

Isn't it amazing what scraps can turn into?! I think that is one of my favorite things about quilting-turning little pieces of fabric into a beautiful work of art that is useful too ❤ I love the nine patches!

Libby in TN said...

What a fun use of scraps! You could be like my husband -- short all over...

Kate said...

That came together really, really quickly. It's a great setting for all those scraps.

Vicki in MN said...

Well even if you were one block short you did good and the good news is that I am sure you have more scraps to complete that block, ROFLOL!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a really neat block design, Alycia! I'm so impressed that you put that together so quickly. The on point layout is a lot of fun!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Amazing, only one block short ;-) I think the on point setting is just the thing your your blocks....you are soooooo productive! I used to live in the Mojave desert in CA and the wind blew ALL. THE. TIME. I SO know what you mean!!

Kat Scribner said...

You have a great project in the works. I really like it on-point. One block short of a .... funny

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I really like this quilt on point! Great use of scraps! mary in Az

Rosa said...

Look fantastic!!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Wow! You did good! I love the on-point layout. Can you send me some of your energy? I seemed to have slowed down quite a bit this past year. Great job using up your scraps.

beth s said...

What a GREAT scrappy quilt! Love it.

Jen said...

Wow, that turned out great for scraps! That quilt just screams cabin/camping quilt to me for some reason. I am thinking it is a memory of some sort, but I can't place it. Bundling up next to the campfire. ahhhh.. :) It is lovely.

Cathy said...

That turned out pretty darned cool! (Cool? do they still stay that these days when something is awesome?)

Anonymous said...

You have the nicest strings and scraps to play with! LOVE your on point layout!

Jonnie in SC

tealeafquilts said...

There is something so satisfying about scrap digging and pushing that fabric through the machine!

Patty said...

Like the quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project. (It isn't clear what your goal is for May though.. finish the quilt top I assume!!)

Unknown said...

I love this!
Shelia stitchedfromtheheart2@gmail.com

Katie Z. said...

I love it! Any pieces big enough to make the binding? (You know, so you don't feel tempted to stall out at the binding stage later?! 😜)

Nicky said...

I'm sure you can quickly make another block! It looks great so far - love the blocks on point. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!