Monday, March 20, 2017

the Wild Animal Sanctuary - Big Cats!

While I have been busy stitching up smaller cats Click here to see them - we may have taken a drive to visit the BIG CATS!!

I know we have posted about it before, but I just LOVE seeing these animals. The Wild Animal Sanctuary  is just an amazing place, and the people that work and volunteer there have THE biggest hearts!!

This time - I shared... sort of.... I let my LittleBit use one of my cameras for his own photos.... and sadly, he did way better that I did ........



We didn't get there till afternoon, Yes, we still had our own chores to do.
So I am thinking that it was getting close to dinner for this cat
( this is my best image of the day!)




LittleBit captured this one - 
He said it reminded him of home.... The lady napping, the man hungry.
Needless to say - LittleBit did not earn ice cream for that comment!

 This is his example of a head shot!
What do you think - is he ready to go pro??




This one was my absolute favorite of the day
It was 65 degrees, breezy, and these lions were totally taking advantage!!








Isn't he gorgeous?
This one flew right over us as we were on the walkway
PS - the walkway is above the animals, so that we don't disturb them in any way
and ! it is 1 and 1/2 miles long - so you get your exercise in!



This little guy was hilarous!!
He did not want any other animal in his housing area to come near him.
He yapped and yelled each time one came close
and Little Bit caught him mid yap!

We enjoyed our trek into the wild, and love seeing the way these animals heal up!

PS
You may have noticed that you can now comment on my copyrighted blog via Bloglovin
I am asking you to please  - click the original post button - come see my original
and comment here.

I can't interact with you, or be a part of a community that way - and I have no way of knowing who comments, unless I go check bloglovin regularly.  

I love to use it as a blog reader,
but I am very uncomfortable with them taking my original material and photos and re-hosting it.

Thanks for listening ;-)

9 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

OMG, your little bit is very professional, I LOVE those pictures!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

I do believe Little Bit has his momma's sense of humor. Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Missy Shay said...

I stopped looking at blogs on my phone, I hated the app and the fact it did not leave blogs in their original state. You should complain about their app to them.

Andy said...

Your pictures are incredible and these big cats seem to have really big personalities, too!

Jen said...

I just love big cats! You guys got some great shots!

Karol said...

I Love your pictures and your son's. Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Judy said...

Can you tell me where this is so I can go see my favorite cat, the Tiger! We begin traveling in May. Thank you. I love your pictures.

WeedyMama said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. I like to nap in the sunshine too.

Kate said...

Great pictures from both of you. Looks like a fun outing.