Monday, March 27, 2017

Cats Cats Cats... its now a complete top!!

My little cat quilt is coming right along!  This is a quilt that a client asked me to make, based on the colors of her front room. 

I had a lot of fun choosing fabrics with her, and imagining what the cats would look like.  We both loved the way the Batik fabrics made such a difference in each cat.

As a matter of fact, some of the colors in the batiks changed so much in just one piece of fabric, that I could get 2 different cats out of it, and you couldn’t tell it was the same piece!

Here is my "Cats Cats Cats" in progress:





AS I made them, they were fun to start placing on the wall - and envision where I was going with it!

















And all of my "Cats"  up on the wall. They place together pretty nicely. My cats in real life, try to trip me on a regular basis - they make me look clumsy!












I had some Batik Strips left over,

and so.... what any good quilter does... ( Okay you can laugh now, I am not always this disciplined)  I made them into a border!!






And now.... I will quilt it!!
So you will see it one more time before it goes to its own home!!


Linking to:
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
Love Laugh Quilt
FreeMotion by the River

12 comments:

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

I love how you are finishing off the quilt top. It will be fun to see how you decide to quilt it!

Ramona said...

Great idea for the leftover strips! It sure is a fun quilt.

Terri said...

Meow! That is lookin' good.
Hugs

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty kitties!!! (Because it's a known fact that EVERYTHING is better in batik!)

Missy Shay said...

I have never thought of doing a border where the colored fabric is only in two corners. I really like that effect!

Lori said...

You aren't disciplined??? 😉

Tami C said...

It looks wonderful Alycia! I'm a cat lover too!

Barob Book Blog said...

That is real purrrrty! (Lol). Yes, everything is purity in batiks! Nice job Alycia.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your kitties

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very cute, and your scrappy border looks really fun!

Sherry said...

What a fabulous quilt top. I really like how you finished it.

Kate said...

Oh so pretty and colorful. Those batiks made perfect little kitties.