Thursday, January 19, 2017

Modern Crazy - aka Slice and Dice is FINISHED!!

 A Million years ago I took a wacky crazy piecing class from an incredibly talented Melody Randol. It was early on in my quilting career - circa 2009.  I had all these fun amazing crazy pieces, and I didn't finish it ( surprise right????)

Then in 2013 there was a UFO challenge, and I pulled the pieces out and started making blocks.

In May 2013 I actually got the top finished ( I know cuz I searched my blog) and it has been hanging in my quilting Queue since then. However, until I searched by Blog - I really didn't think it was that long ago..... *sigh*    the story of my life.....

Today I would like to announce to you that
IT   IS     FINISHED




I have been calling it Slice and Dice, and Modern Crazy - but it really does need a name....

AND!!!   The inside of the blocks ( before the framing) were made prior to Modern Quilting becoming a thing. a term, a quilt show.... Imagine that ;-)



Just for fun - here are some of the posts of it being created:

13 comments:

Sherrill said...

I LOVE it and the circle quilting is perfecto! Gorgeous!!

Snowcatcher said...

I LOVE the quilting on this! And the colors and design are pretty far out, too! Just think... you were modern before modern was cool!

Katie Z. said...

And it's bound! Nicely done.

Gypsy said...

Love the circles. I think you should name it, let's have cereal for breakfast. I.e , then you can get back to quilting.

Terry said...

"Never fear, the end is near" lol. Glad you finally got it finished.

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

The contrast between the geometric blocks and the circles is very stunning! This belongs in an art museum!!!

Adaliza said...

That's an amazing quilt. The colours are so striking. I think Teeny Bopper would be a good name as it was started in single figures '09 and finished as a teenager '17!!! It's a really beautiful quilt and it must be great to tick it off from the queue and put it into the finished quilt list!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a FUN finish!! LOVE that circle quilting, too.

WeedyMama said...

A Splash of Pickle Juice.

Tami C said...

I agree with what Adaliza said... Teeny Bopper would be a great name for this fun quilt!

Ariane said...

I love it!! The quilting looks amazing!!

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing up a UFO. It looks great, love the quilting and those pops of color.

newsurfiegirl said...

Congrats on getting it finished it looks amazing! Don't worry about how long it took I started a quilt for my Mother when I was in high school I think I finally finished it about 21 one years later! At least it got finished right ;0)