Thursday, September 29, 2016

Travel Time...Trees

I should probably call this the Tree Edition
Except I found a few things through the trees.
And REALLY REALLY wished I had decided to pack my telephoto lens with me
But I was tired....

I will Never be Tired again!!!
(you can laugh now - it's okay)



This is up in the Indian Peaks Wilderness area
and Lawsy Mercy is it a gorgeous place!

( see the lake in the trees there - Below)


These is quite a bit of beetle kill 
but more healthy trees
The Beetle Kill trees make good sepia and Black and Whites!


And the skies
You have to wear sunglasses 
the blue is just so.... Blue!!


There was ( and still is) a lake behind those trees
There might be fish, and there still are.... I had a bite
The fish escaped
I am sure he was Huge though - maybe 36 inches... or bigger.... right????



And I found Moose!!
Real Live Wild Moose

AND I didn't have my Long Lens
Cuz I was being lazy!!!

Now I have to go back!!

7 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

I loved Colorado. I got to live there for 6 months. Really enjoyed it.
On my list to go back!
Thanks for sharing.

Sherrill said...

WOW!! That one is quite a BIG moose! Hope you were far away!

Kate said...

Beautiful shots. Oh yeah, on those hikes it always seems you've got just the wrong lens!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Long lens or no, you have some gorgeous photos!!

Sharon Wagner said...

I can still see the moose through the trees. Even without the zoom. Nice.

Sue said...

Beautiful. We do live ina beautiful state.

The Joyful Quilter said...

The trees are lovely, but that waterfall... sigh! I'm a sucker for a pretty waterfall. Always have been, always will be.