Monday, February 09, 2015

Plaid #8 Progress

I think I have made a decision.... but then again... I may change my mind - after all it is a Quilters Prerogative to change our minds right???

I had all my Plaid #8 16 patch blocks done...



Since I used strips/yardage instead of Fat Quarters I had a few strips left over after making the 16 patches.   And I, being one to never  ( NEVER) waste fabric thought... I could make a few more 16 patch blocks.... and so I did....

And now I have:




I have hemmed and hawed, and asked everyone for their opinion ( btw - my boys? NO HELP THIS TIME) . I have stared at it, walked away.... and finally come to the conclusion - that I am going to stitch it together this way - including the scrappy blocks.

It makes the quilt bigger, uses up my extras, and .... well - it's a bigger quilt.... more to snuggle in right?



This is what  my boys did when I asked their opinion..... they ran and ran and ran.... away from me *sigh*


Linking up to:
http://www.patchworktimes.com

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

I like the extra scrappy blocks. No running away for me :)

tealeafquilts said...

If you haven't already sewn it together, I think a sashing between each block would zing! But it would be pretty otherwise as well.

Gypsy Quilter said...

It's wonderfully scrappy. Looking at all of the movement, I might consider framing each block in a thin strip of black. Just an idea. Thanks for sharing.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it... especially the scrappy blocks on the right!

Ramona said...

Great blocks! I love it as is.

Missy Shay said...

I think it looks great, and that is a great of your boys! LOL Sometimes we can just over think the placement of our scrappy blocks. IMHO

Terri said...

I love that you made scrappy blocks and the quilt got bigger. I think I'd put the scrappy ones in the center or integrate them around the quilt, so they don't look like the tailings. (Your quilt looks better on the blog than on the reader. I almost clicked past.)
Hugs

LynneP said...

I like the scrappy blocks-they add a lot of interest. Might you consider moving them a bit as they seem clustered together.

Kate said...

The scrappy blocks blend in well with the others so they don't stand out at all. I love the purples in those blocks.