Wednesday, August 08, 2012

QOV Quilt show

Welcome to Wednesdays Quilt of Valor Quilt show!! I hope you will find some inspiration here, and find a quilt that you love. The quilters love to read the comments, and see how you liked their quilts!  All of these quilts are either already with their recipient, or are in the process of getting there.

Enjoy!!

The first six quilts are all from the Amelia Island Quilt guild.... boy have they been busy!


I particularly like the setting above! I always end up with orphan blocks while I am sewing, and thought this would be a great way to set some of those off... inspiration!

Check out some of those stars!! I love them!


This red white and blue one was pieced by Marilyn. She winters in FL and summers in MI - I think that sounds like a great plan. One of my Grandpa's sisters used to do that!!

Marilyn also pieced this one. I love the chains!!



A cool strippy quilt, check out the quilting!

The next three quilts were made by Amy . I tell you what - that girl has some energy!!!

This one is called Maltese Star - check out that border - Mmmmmm!!!!

This one is called Freedom!!
Love the setting!


And this last one is called Splendidly Marching Along



Great great job Quilters!! Thank you so much for taking the time to honor our military in this way!! You all ROCK!!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Again, amazing quilt lineup!
Thanks for sharing and for everything you do! You are amazing

Nancy said...

Wonderful quilts! I love the design of the last one.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Boy, somebody has been very, very busy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Terrific quilts! I especially love the Maltese Star!

phxquilt said...

Fantastic show. I am awe-struck every time by the ongoing imagination and talent of your friends!!! So much input...so little time!

Cyndy said...

These are quilts I KNOW a soldier would be proud to have!!!! I really like the Maltese cross, and the "Marching Along" block is great! Do you know where I could get directions for the "Marching Along" block?
Thanks!!

Roslyn said...

A good reminder for this orphan blocks Alycia.