Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Presentations

Tissue Alert.... You all give me a tease that I forget to remind you to bring a tissue - so here you are ;-)   Some more pictures of our presentations have been approved.... Enjoy!!


I love taking pictures outside - I think they make everyone look happier.

This dear sweet gal was having a hard time with the heat though. And she just found out she was going to be a mom, so she had a lot going on. Remember these are from the Warriors in Transition battalion.



I loved this guy - he was so funny, and was so surprised that he was able to have a quilt. I talked to him quite a bit, and he wasn't really sure that the quilt was for him, or that he didn't have to pay. He suffers from a TBI ( brain injury) and noises really bother him. Check out the quilt - Vicki  do you recognize it?


This dear warrior had a thick Texas accent - and was full of words!! A lot of them don't have a lot of words to spare, so it was quite enjoyable to talk with her. She was a Blackhawk pilot - I was jealous!! ( well all except for the war thing, and the injury thing... but I was all over the flying part!!)


I am not quite sure how to describe this guy other than Totally Awesome, and totally deserving of our respect and honor!! He flew in VietNam , Desert Storm ,Iraq, and most recently flew the planes over the Waldo Canyon fire. He had patches all over his jacket, and they were SO cool - I didn't quite want to let him go, but alas, he was stronger than I. 



Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the recipients of your Quilts of Valor. I tell you - there is a special owner for each one of these and it is so fun to see who gets what. I still am amazed at the fact that they are so surprised that these are a gift of Thanks to them!! 

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

You made my day. Thank you!

Amy said...

I am always so appreciative that you share these stories! It's not needed for me to keep creating and donating... but it certainly is comforting to see a little part of what you have the liberty to live through.

You are amazing Alycia!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, they sooo deserve it for keeping our country safe. Kudos to them!

LizA. said...

Wow--thank you for the tissue warning.....sniff, sniff.

Norece said...

Thanks for being our link for giving comfort and love (beautiful quilts) to our Heros. Thanks for sharing the pictures when you can.

Impera Magna said...

What a great way to start off my day... happy faces with lovely quilts!

Nancy said...

Great post!

Thanks for sharing these glimpses of the humble heroes. God bless every one of them!

Sue Daurio said...

What a great show. Thanks for the tissue alert. Smiles and tears all at the same time. Beautiful!

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing the smiles!