So lets get into the To Do list and how we did.
Goal Number on was to quilt one of my Yellow MC quilts - and I DID it...I even cut the binding for it, but then didn't get it put on. Which turns out to be okay - my friend wants to teach me to put it on correctly - and I think I might try. But.... I have a little resistance to sewing by hand. Seriously! If God gave man the ability to make machines, then I should take advantage of that knowledge right?????
Okay here is the quilt:
This is the full shot - I am not very good at getting the detail and I am not sure why, but I took a lot of pictures to see what I could play with on the camera.
Heres a shot of the back - can you believe I had enought yellow for 2 quilt tops and a whole back... where did it come from?????
As I was messing around I found a way to take a black and white shot - interesting....
2. Get backing made a prep UFO #10: Done - and you are going to have to wait till the big reveal time on Judy L's patchwork times blog. Because it will probably, seriously, really, take me that long to finish it!!!
3. Work on Purple MC Quilt: The top is done, backing has been chosen, and there it stalled....
4. Start Lime Green String Quilt: Nope - I had the lime pulled, but then I got distracted and this is what I did instead:
All in All not to bad - I think!
So what in store for the next week?
- Keep working on the Purple MC Challenge quilt
- Cut up some other strings to do Lime String blocks with
- keep sewing on the Pineapple Blossom blocks I started.
I had kinda forgotten that with Heartstrings Quilt Project - you don't need to make a whole set if blocks, you can just make as many as you can and send them in to the block base person ( Sue). She will combine them with other blocks. So my goal is 4 String blocks for this next week.
To see what others are up to - or to join in the list making go to: