Sunday, May 11, 2008

The next Soldier

Is from Rochester NY! He had two injuries and sustained them with in minutes of each other. When he was on patrol a sniper fired as he was walking and got him on the inside of his thigh thru his leg, and he went down. As he was rolling off the road - he go hit again in the right leg.


~~


He is still learning to walk well, as he has no feeling from his left Knee down. They do think the feeling will come back as he can feel sharp real well. He says he still has to watch where he is walking as sometimes his leg has a mind of its own.


~~


He recieved his quilt and was so excited, with both the quilt and the photo album that came with it. I asked if I could take his picture, he said yes. So as I was aiming I said now smile Manly, and this is what I got.!! Does he look Manly? I got the commander to smile, but that was it. So after I took his picture I said - well gosh, what if I asked you to giggle like a girl?


~~


This is what the base photographer got:

Doesn't he look a little more happy there?

Hope you all have a great Mothers day and evening. We had Grandma (and Grandpa) here for breakfast and then they headed over to my husbands sisters house for dinner. It was very nice.


1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

What a fantastic, emotion filled day you all had. I'm loving the stories and pictures you are sharing.
In this picture I notice some of the fabric I sent you in the quilt. Now I don't know if it is a quilt you made, so really my fabric. BUT, this makes me believe that I played a tiny part in making these solidiers feel loved and valued!!
You are an amazing woman and the kids must have been blown away to be a part of this :)