Sunday, July 08, 2007

Birthdays galore and more

June and July is big Birthday time around here, we have 3 within 2 weeks of each other, and the 4th of July holiday as well. Isn't it nice for the country to help us celebrate?


We took the 2 Birthday boys, there brother and some of their friends to the bowling alley for the evening and had a blast. We were the center of attention as it was ALL boys ( well and me, but I was just the runner!) The boys ate tons of pizza, bowled and ate all the cake - Yay!!

On the 4th of July we were getting ready to do our fireworks and the power went out, then a huge storm moved in and we had pouring rain until 11:30 pm, we tried to outlast it, but the weather won.... we could see some fireworks from other areas from the windows, but with no popcorn .... It was a warm day.


Our swim season is going well, the boys are taking seconds off there times and competing well. We are all getting very tanned too. At the last meet even the little guy decided to compete and he swam a 25 meter freestyle! He was awesome. It was fun to yell for him too.

On the quilting front, I have put the binding on 3 of my quilts. This is good news as I don't like that step of the whole process. I have one more to get on before I let myself sew too much. Of course there isn't much time for that this summer. But its also so hot its hard to think of quilts.

Hope everyone else is having a fun summer too, and enjoying the sunny days!





5 comments:

Suzanne Earley said...

We just got done with a raft of birthdays, too. This year, we decided not to have a kid party for the boys and took them to St. Louis instead -- what a relief not to have to deal with all of those silly kids!

swooze said...

I miss the insane birthday parties with all the kids running wild! My kids are too old for that sort of thing now! They just don't know what they are missing!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you all had lots of fun.

Jo Raines said...

Happy late birthday to your boys. My two girls, Maggie, 17 and Joanna, 8, are close in birthday's as well. Joanna's is tomorrow and Maggie's was last week, the 14th.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness! I can feel the energy of those boys through the computer screen! Good thing there is not a sound track with that photo! You must have lots of energy and patience!