Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Catching Rainbows, Jackknife and 1638

One day I was playing with my fabric, and I fell in, and I saw some prints I just needed to use right away.... and now.... I have started another project....  

That's really how it works right? We can be working along all swift like on 13 projects, and we see a new piece of fabric that we forgot we had and bam! Project 14 is underway... Just like that!!

Don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about... I read your blogs ( bwahh haa ha ha)

Here is how this one started....

Bonnie ( over at Quiltville) Had been working on these little Catching rainbow blocks and I kept liking them. She also published the block pattern in the magazine she writes for (Quiltmaker) and then!! 

I was reading the EQ blog and THEY HAD THE SAME BLOCK..... and I still liked it, and then!! 

 I was reading Susan's QuiltFabrication Blog - and SHE HAD THE SAME BLOCK!!

You know when the universe sends you THAT many clues.... how stupid do you have to be to not start a new project.... ( Don't answer that - its a rhetorical Question....  haha)

I just had to sit down and try one and see if I still liked them - and


I really really do like them!!!  They were so fun to make - and for me - they did take some time. But now I think I have two done, I may be able to save some time streamlining my process.... maybe, but I won't hold my breath!

PS - its raining and snowing here, and its cloudy... that means I don't have to *work* and can stitch more right????  


13 comments:

Nann said...

Are you going to stay with polka dots or navy? I guess I'll have to stay tuned. It is a great block. (Please send the rain our way.)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those blocks are going to make a super cute QOV, Alycia!!

Judy in Michigan said...

I noticed that block on a few Friday Finish sites. Since I think Bonnie is selling that pattern, it surprised me to see them as tutorials on other blogs. Hmmm.

Judy in Michigan said...

Oops, Bonnie is not selling that pattern. The magazine is selling individual copies of that issue that contains the pattern. Just wondering about the rights to the pattern. BUT, I'm glad you have it and I do want to make some too.

Sherrill said...

I liked em too when I saw them on Bonnie's blog so I'm bettin' LOTS of people like em. I like yours, too! LOL

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fun. post - very nice block. Good luck with the streamlining!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Those fabrics are cute. Maybe if you make lots of 'parts' at one time (string piecing), then put them together, the blocks won't take much time.

Donna said...

Those are really cute blocks!!! I have no idea what you mean about starting new projects when there’s already several in progress!!! Lol!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Fascinating to see these blocks! I love how you played them out in a lt/dk graphic way! One thing about the farm animals---it doesn't matter what the weather is, they have to be fed and cared for!

diana569 said...

Good Morning! I have been looking at this block too, Even went as far as to search the web and buying the issue with the pattern, but I think now she's selling the pattern also. But so far haven't tried the block. lol! but it's on the top of my list! You are so brave, counting your unfinished projects, I don't know how many UFOs I have, probably just as many!lol! AND snow still, YUK! happy stichin'!

Vicki in MN said...

Squirrels, hahaha, they follow us everywhere don't they! I think it is because you used polka dots that these blocks are so cute:)

Anonymous said...

They are very cool blocks!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Vicki W said...

That is a cool block!