Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Quilts of Valor - Being Awarded!

You all love to make these Awesome Quilts of Valor - and so do I! But the best part is getting to see them awarded.... and hearing how awesome it is!!


So -
Here are some photos of some recent awards



The guy in the White Shirt Doing the Awarding of these two Quilts of Valor is a VietNam Vet -
We awarded his quilt a few years ago - and he joined our team - its awesome!!

Don't the smiles just sorta say it all?


I was telling the story about Quilts of Valor - and told the Story of this quilt, all the while with another VietNam Veteran looking on... When I got to the point that said we made this quilt for him

 and I called his name - he was a tad shocked - it was way cool!!


Here is us - getting all ready for our Sew day - well some are overachievers and were already started!!! WE had a good group 25 quilters that day!!


Go Forth and Quilt!!!

9 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Quilts of Valor

The Joyful Quilter said...

The only thing better than a donation quilt workday is the smiles the QOVs bring to recipient faces!!!

Farm Quilter said...

Another batch of beautiful quilts and even better smiles!

Pat said...

Beautiful quilts! Our QOV sew day is tomorrow. You get a great turnout!

Jo said...

Great effort... Blogger is putting everyone as no reply.. jobutterfield@bigpond.com

Unknown said...

I stumbled on to your site by accident and now love following all of your posts. I recently joined the Valor Group here in Louisville. Ky. We are having our first real sew day this Saturday and we are excited. I myself have made two quilts since joining this group. Keep up the great work.

Kate said...

Those smiles are soooo cool and so are the quilts. Hope you got lots done during your sew day.

Snowcatcher said...

Your presentations always leave me with a warm spot in my heart, but this one... Something about the vet not realizing you had a quilt for him... just brought tears to my eyes and joy to my soul!

Preeti said...

What a precious moment that must have been, Alycia. Love the gold stars along with the usual red and blue. They add such a sparkle.