Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Life on the Ranch - Almost Finished

There is an end in sight!!!

My boys were home and available over Christmas Break - so we got to work!!

This is me walking out to meet them - I sent them ahead, and put a berry pie in the oven! I needed to entice them to work fast ( ha ha - not really, it was cold, they were already inspired to work fast)

Team work - my oldest and youngest made a quick team for setting posts
PS - when the ground is cold, it take a little more power to dig the post holes,
and no....
they did not use power tools - just muscle


and look!!
We are about to hit the back fence line!!
Yay!!


You know what's funny?
When I quilt I meaure, I line up, I try to stitch straight
When we fence - the boys like to line everything up, and 
I am the one saying - Ahhh - looks okay - lets go



That very last post DID NOT want to be set, We think that the snow there was pretty cold, and the ground was stubborn !


Here they are - lining everything up again. I am glad that they care, for real, as it will make our jobs easier when moving animals - no nooks for them to get stuck into!



My Dog - she needed to supervise
She needs to make sure that everyone knows where they are supposed to be,
and need to know those fencelines - shes the boss around here!



 As we were working, Wrangler Man says take a picture of us working with the mountains ( Longs Peak)  in the background. So here you go:
Compliments of Wrangler Man



All we need to do now is hang the two gates and our new fence is all done. 

10 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on the near-finish of a huge project and what gorgeous photos, particularly that last one!

Gypsy Quilter said...

You have really terrific kids. Now that your fence is done, could they come help me with mine? I'll bake apple pies, one for each young whippersnapper.

Tami C said...

It's wonderful that your boys can set a straight line! Glad you're almost done with that chore! Love the picture, Wrangler Man had a great idea!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That will be a good job done! Wouldn't it have been easier to do before the ground froze?

Our son & DIL were out in CO in Sept. He wanted them to hike up Longs Peak for his 40th b-day. However, it turned cold & was snowing at the upper elevations, plus he caught a tummy bug so a long hike wasn't the best plan. A shorter hike a day or two before had kicked his butt anyway. :) In the end he decided that he was 10 years to late for Longs Peak. 40 really isn't the new 25!

scraphappy said...

It looks really cold out there. I hope that you were able to get back inside to that pie in a hurry.

Lynne Stucke said...

Your photography, as always, just amazes me!!! Beautiful seems too small a word! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

Sherrill said...

YAY! Thank heavens for boys (young men!!). I think I would've done that in the summer -- HA!! That picture is beautiful! Glad Wrangler Man thought of taking a picture.

Lisa S. said...

I love reading about your ranch life. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a rancher in Wyoming. It sounded romantic to me. 😊

Kate said...

That's a lot of work in the cold. Congrats on getting it all up. I love that last photo!

Ranch Wife said...

How much fence did y'all have to build? That's hard work, but I don't have to tell y'all that. :) Our kids did a lot of that through the years too. DH said he hoped it would make them eager to go back to school in the fall. LOL
Gorgeous shots. Hope you're framing some of them!