Wednesday, May 23, 2018

More CO Quilts of Valor

I have a few more awesome Quilts of Valor to show you! I hope you are ready???

I will tell you that summer has started for my kids - and I was all ready to sit by the pool, read a book, you know hang out - and the kids that are here have had us running like crazy!! It's fun, It's nuts, and we need more that 24 hours in a day!

With that - I will have you running now - to make another quilt!!

So this first amazing quilt - Pieced by Sharon D and Quilted by Lori C - How amazing is this one? and that BORDER!! Wowzers!




This is another one from Sharon
and quilted by Cathy F

I have a stack of 9 patches! 
I am inspired!



And another from Sharon - 
Also quilted by Cathy F
 and yet a FOURTH from Sharon
That gal was just a stitchin! wasn't she!!

Again Quilted by Cathy F



Cathy F really took on a lot - 
she also quilted this 4th one for us 
It is from Our Block Drive
I think we called the Block Log Cabin Triangle?
Jan - who blogs at Colorful Fabriholic wrote the pattern for us
You can find it here:




And last - but SO very Appreciated
The Pride City Quilt Guild in Pueblo CO
Provide us with these AWESOME pillowcases!!
I swear its just a little bit more love and they are adored!!


Oh and remember my home improvement project?  I tore out wallpaper, and scrubbed walls - and I may have painted.... yep - and found out that 16 foot walls are a little tough to reach - but I prevailed....

now I am working on the flooring - but that may take a bit - did you know that floor is Waaaaayyyy down there on the ground???? *sigh*


Have a great Wednesday! Hope this gave you a little inspirations!

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, all the quilts are just beautiful. What amazing Quilters!

Kat Scribner said...

Fabulous quilts! Who gets to do all that binding? lol

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Climbing up and down the ladder (only 10 ft walls) and then getting up and down off the floor (taping baseboards) about did me in. Oh what 5 years will do to a body (last time I painted).

The Joyful Quilter said...

Like always, more great quilts from your QOV volunteers!!

WeedyMama said...

Oh, your aching body! I know the feeling well.

and ooo, ooooo, ooooooo, ooooooooooo, ooooooooooooh! such gorgeousness! it is hard to choose a favorite.

Maybe that 'tall' bit can reach the high places???

Karol said...

I know what you mean. That floor seems to get farther away every time I have to pick something up from it. ;-)

Great quilts as always.

Karol

Sandy said...

Beautiful quilts, Alycia. Whoever recieves them will feel very loved.
Good luck with those floors. Are you painting them??