Thursday, June 30, 2016

Cooking ( again)

You may remember.... I know, sometimes even I don't remember, but way back in April I decided to cook - yep! me - Cook!!  I made a lot of Freezer meals.

I thought I would update you on the success of this plan.....

It was....

Successful !!

And then I got smart - I decided to cook 1 day a week, and each time I cooked I would make 4-5 meals of the same thing!  Oh my - you all- I feel like Judy at Patchwork Times... Food just magically appeared . ( seriously - that lady - she says "Oh I want BBQ beef - and then Bam! She shows us what she made - my boys are moving in with her!!)

One week I made a Lasagna, and Bam! there were 4 in my freezer.

All this to share this recipe with you!  Are you ready....
It is Broccoli Beef in the Slow Cooker - and It! Was! A ! Win!!!

http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/02/slow-cooker-broccoli-beef.html

I cooked one, and froze 3 more for later. However - Wrangler Man thinks later should be tonight.

And now - since I spend less time in the kitchen... Look what I did make:


Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
(PS - there are significantly less now )

This is proof , and documentation of cooking - yep - I cooked again!



10 comments:

KaHolly said...

Good for you! Cooking is not on my list of favorites. I don't have a cook's brain! I wouldn't even know how to go about freezing most stuff, and darn it, I don't have a very big freezer. Shucks!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

You go, girl! Cooking is not my fave either, so whenever I can persuade DH to make one of his specialties such as jambalaya, we put up several meals worth in the freezer. So convenient! One time I made a huge lasagna in my turkey roasting pan and we had enough for eight meals. But I'm not feeding your boys!

Gypsy Quilter said...

And if you double the cookie recipe, half could go in the freezer. But you'd have to hide them under a different label, say fried chicken livers. Your guys would never find them then.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Good for you planning ahead and in a sense making more time for quilting!

Terri said...

Good thing you took pictures...at my house, when I had teenaged boys, the cookies were eaten before they cooled. I had to make a 'fourple' batch in order to have any the next day. They look delish.
Hugs

Sherrill said...

Workin' smarter, not harder..it's a good thing!! I just basically don't cook period since it's only me!!

WeedyMama said...

Yup, I understand about the cooking thing, but for a different reason. Cooking for one just "isn't". 6 servings for you equals one meal; for me, two servings and then four science projects in the back of the fridge. But, I did cook yesterday--strawberry rhubarb pie, potato salad, cabbage salad, cut up fresh fruit and London broil to marinate. Can't vouch for the pie as I didn't get any, but everything else was good and appreciated. But, my screaming body today.

Kate said...

Congrats on a successful experiment!

Patti said...


I pinned the broccoli beef recipe. Ive been working from home since November & crockpot alot.

Ranch Wife said...

LOL...now your boys will NEVER leave home! That was the plan all along, wasn't it? :) Looking forward to trying the Broccoli Beef - it's going to be HOT this week...again and the crockpot is always a good call to keep from heating up the kitchen.
The other day I made cookies and I only made a single batch. We laughed because I ALWAYS at least double my cookie recipes and the pile of cookies looked really small. I'm trying to downsize my cooking since it's just DH and I and we're trying to cut back on the goodies.
Bet your cookies didn't last the day!