Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Quilts of Valor - the Presentation Continues

before I get to the rest of the Presentation - I wanted to give a huge shout out to the Pride City Quilt Guild in So Colorado.   They are some prolific pillowcase makers and they love to share with Quilts of Valor.....


Check out all these awesome pillowcases 
And the quilters below who made them!

I hope you always know this is a group effort - to Honor Our Veterans Touched by War!
I try real hard to give everyone the credit they deserve - 
cuz Wow - it truly touches these Veterans hearts to know how many are involved in Thanking them.


And now - on to the presentation photos!



This is a Lt Col. He was so wonderful
And he said Thank you to his Dad.  His Dad had just passed away. 
So touching








These two - the Veteran above
and the Veteran below
are brothers.

They were nominated by their sister
She was from Cody and came all the way down to be here.





I don't know how to explain how they steal your heart - 
but they truly do


Meeting each and every one of them has certainly made my life much better
and I hope we have shown them our appreciation!


You can always learn more at

"To Cover our Service Veterans Touched by War with a Comforting and Healing Quilt of Valor"



Interested in making a quilt?
Check out some of these patterns and block Ideas:


9 comments:

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

It is so heartwarming to see the veterans and their quilts. Kudos to the Pueblo quilters for their pillowcases!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing... the quilts AND the stories!!

Terri said...

Cloaked in love and gratitude.
Hugs

Sherrill said...

You do a most fantastic job of the presentations in addition to everything else you do. You are one AWESOME vet wrapper (though I saw many other wrappers there as well!!).

Carma said...

Impressive! So many hours of labor. I appreciate Vets and all their sacrifices.

Question, what is that quilt pattern that look like a Friendship Star with an extra little fabric blip across from the star? Is there a pattern somewhere? (second to last photo) Thank you.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Once again, I am in awe. Thank you for sharing. Wish I had a local group to work with. This inspires me to keep quilting.

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing all these different QOVs!!!!! I try to imagine what each looks like unwrapped but wouldn't anything fin place of seeing them around the shoulders of the recipients.
Your work touches many .....

Kar

Lara B. said...

They steal my heart too Alycia!

Kate said...

It's always brings a smile to see them each get their quilt. Thanks for sharing the pictures.