Monday, October 05, 2026

A new Panel

 My goal at the End of July was to use August as a *get er Done* Month - I wanted to at least get 4 finishes finally finished - and!! I actually did it - and I moved a lot of projects forward. 

I have tried not to let anything *new* into my Sewing area... not into the house... just the table that I sew at. ( you have to have boundaries you know 😏)

In perusing the piles at my sewing table - I see that I still have more of the QOV Block of the year. I do have more in our QOV boxes  - but for some reason these ended up on my sewing table.

What is a girl to do?


I had to start playing around!!!!   I laid this out and am sort of *Studying* it for a minute. I think I need to replace one of the red blocks on the bottom with a blue block - and then figure out how I want to build the panel up to the blocks.

Do you just love that panel?

Also I joined in on the Alison Glass Community Quilt a long - its a play on color - and I love color - so! I got the first block done:

 

I think you can join in at anytime - 

Here is the link: https://alisonglass.com/


and the last thing... I got a manicure.

I haven't had one since I was 18 and my mom made me go get pretty for a wedding haha!! So!! things have definitely changed.

The Manicurist was SO nice - but I was kind of surprised when she said this should last for 3-4 weeks.

My Question? Do they really?

I did it Friday. I rode Saturday, I saddled, unsaddled, worked in the trees and actually did dishes - so far so good - but really? Will it last 3 weeks?


What do you think? Advice?


Linking up to:







Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

13 comments:

Donna said...

Great quilt panel. It’s going to be a beautiful quilt. You need to let us know if your manicure lasts three weeks. I’m doubtful since ones nails grow out.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

What a pretty quilt - I love panels! I think they make beautiful quilts, plus they save time. I haven't had my nails done in literally decades, but I used to get acrylic nails, and they lasted at least a month for me.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Oh I meant to add - your nails look great! Especially to go riding. ;)

Sara said...

Very cute seasonal manicure. I like how this year's QOV blocks look surrounding a panel. I get a manicure every 2 weeks - not because the polish hasn't lasted, but because they are grown out from the cuticle so far. I could go 3 weeks if I had to.

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful panel, I love the border you are going to use with it.

Kate said...

Very cool QOV. The panel is perfect, but I really like that border. Happy stitching this week. Very fun nails.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think adding one more blue block in the lower left is a good idea. Good luck with the puzzle of building out from the panel to the blocks!

Chris said...

Love the nails. Last time I got a manicure was June 2011. It was a french manicure with the white enamal or was it shelac?. By the time I got home, I had to clean all the goop out from behind the nails and I trim the squared off pointy corners since those things got caught on hay bales and cows tails. I let them grow out until I could trim off the white. The clear part took another 2-3 months to grow out. I do get pedicures quite regularly because I cannot bend over to trim them myself.

Delighted Hands said...

Pretty nails!!! The new color study block is pretty! I really like what you are doing with the panel!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

That is a magnificent panel and I adore the blocks. I look forward to seeing your finish. I have been debating on whether to join the QAL . Have a lovely day.

Diana said...

I don't quilt myself, but a Quilts of Valor quilt is such a nice thing to make, and a panel with block borders sounds like a clever way to design one. Good luck with the quilt along, the first block looks like a good start. Hope the nails last.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great border for your lovely panel! How fun to get a snazzy paint job with your manicure. I could never get mine to last that long. . .too much digging in the dirt and scrubbing. . .even when I took care to wear gloves!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Great way to quilt around that panel!
While I didn't have my nails done for many years, I do now. If you got gel (or one of the other newer types) yes they really will last that long (yes, even for gardening, cleaning etc!), though they'll grow out and you'll see a space at the bottom. I've gone over a month doing a French manicure b/c that growth is less noticeable. I love having nice nails but I hate wasting the time to do it so I drag it out as long as I can!