Friday, September 25, 2026

Marching Dinosaurs and Finished (or not) Friday

Way back in the beginning of the year I made this Quilt top for my Son. My goal - have it quilted before his next birthday. Did I do it??  Why yes... I did... with months to spare - go me!!

The Marching Dinosaurs is Quilted, Bound, and waiting on his bed for when he comes back from his latest archeology project... 

Pattern from Atkinson Designs


I used a layer cake pack I found of Dinosaur Batiks for the back - with some glow in the dark dinosaur fabric I had found at Joanns... before... you know....


I quilted Leaves and Jungle fronds on it - I thought it looked very *Land before time* ish





My son loved it - he hasn't seen it all finished yet - but I sent him a photo of the quilting - I got a thumbs up ( thats high praise for a guy working 15 hours a day right now)




So how did your week go?

Did you have a good one?  Truthfully - I am not sure where mine went!!




Please link up your direct post - a few last week were just to the main blog and I don't want to remove them .   Click on your bog post title, and that should take you to the DIRECT post - use that to link up please ;-)




**************Link UP here *****************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***********The end ***********

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That was the perfect panto to choose as a quilting pattern! I'm glad your son gave you the thumbs up. . .you can't get better praise than that! I'm making progress on weaving a rug. Since I'm recovering from knee revision surgery, sewing/quilting projects are waiting until I rehabilitate my knee a bit more!

Kat Scribner said...

Alycia, you made 2 quilts in one ! Both sides look great.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

What a beautiful quilt, and I see why your son loves it. The fabrics are fabulous. Where is he currently digging - or is that what he does?

Donna said...

Cute dinosaur quilt! Hope your son gets some down time to enjoy it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like it's the perfect quilt for your son! You found a fun design to feature those prints, too, plus it's reversible. Great finish, Alycia!

Kate said...

It's a really fun quilt. Congrats on getting it finished before the due date.

Sara said...

What a fun quilt for an archeologist. The back is a big surprise with all those great dinosaur prints. Perfect quilting choice too!!

Delighted Hands said...

What a great finish! The quilt is utter perfection for your son!

Cathy said...

What a fun quilt! And who knew there were so many dino batiks!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oof, 15 hour days are hard on anybody. The quilt is fantastic and I think the leaves and jungle fronds is the perfect quilting motif. And how fun that there is glow in the dark fabric; I love fun surprises like that!

Anne-Marie said...

Love it!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Long days! That is such a wonderful and perfect welcome home gift for him. Well done!!

-Soma