Friday, September 18, 2026

Block Robin went to the Fair - and ! Finished ( or not) Friday

 Happy Friday Quilters!!!


My Block Robin Quilt!! It was finished and it went to the FAIR!!!


This one started in 2025 - my Guild members ( 6 of us on my team) Did a Block Robin exchange. We each chose a block we wanted to have made, some provided fabric, others gave fabric color ideas and we started our exchange. I wanted scrappy Blocks ( You can read about it here )

I took my blocks and added some more to come up with this quilt ^   and then!!! It went to the fair. It got second place in its class. And I have no clue how many were in the class - I wasn't able to go!! I ended up traveling back east and missed the whole thing.

Thankfully my friend picked the Quilt up for me!

I even added a little Applique Heart on it - for all the love we put into it !

These were really fun blocks to make, and I really thought it would help use up all my scraps as well as my fellow quilters.

it did not.

We can all do it again ;-)



How did your week go?  I almost got caught up on mail, did not get caught up on laundry, and I even made a meal from scratch ( that wasn't leftovers or burgers haha)




Link up your direct post and share away.




****************Link Up here ****************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**************The End *********************

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

14 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love the diagonal colorwash in your scrappy quilt, Alycia! Congrats on winning a ribbon!!!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Wonderful how you added to and finished your Block Robin Quilt. Love your layout.

Vicki in MN said...

I love your block robin, congrats on second place!

Cathy said...

What a fun quilt! Congrats on that winner!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on your win - you deserved 1st place but 2nd is great too!

Donna said...

Congratulations on getting a ribbon at the fair. Cute quilt.

LA Paylor said...

I just love your quilt!!! makes me want to make one, imagining what colors I'd choose
thanks and congrats
LeeAnna

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on the ribbon! That sure turned out to be a terrific finish! I'm working on getting caught up on blog posts!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Ok! It's official...I'm totally 'in love' with this quilt! :)

Sara said...

That is a really pretty quilt with such a modern feel. Block swaps are such fun.

Delighted Hands said...

What a great finish and everyone will enjoy seeing it at the Fair!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

This is a fun and cheerful quilt! Woo Hoo on winning 2nd in the fair! The appliqued heart is so sweet. Have a lovely weekend, Alycia.

Snowcatcher said...

I love your quilt and the story of it, and I think it could have been first place! (I didn't get to go to the fair either, so I don't know what the competition was like, but I just love this design.) The little heart is just the cutest touch! You've inspired me yet again!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, I love your quilt. Congrats on second place - even if you didn't attend. Have a great week.