This was in one of my piles too - it looks like I got it to the top stage ( without borders) in April.. so I guess that is not too long of a stall. Well - at least not long as a stall there - we started these blocks at a QOV sew day in February of 2025... sometimes my blog rats me out!!
Anyways - I got the rest of the blocks we needed done, and got it to the top stage in April - and then it sat!
I am not sure what to blame that on - as I actually had border fabrics sitting right next to it!
My Beautiful boys... The one on the left is our 2 year old, and the one on the right is my old man -I have had him since he was 4 month old - he is now 28 - I love him.
Today I am going to link up with



10 comments:
Star and crown is so pretty. Sometimes it is a mystery why we stall out on a project and before long we have a huge pile!! I have lots to be quilted and am trying to whittle away at that. Hopefully at least 3 of those will get done this week
Those stars really made a beautiful quilt, love the scrappiness of them. Your boys are so sweet!
The stars really do stand out beautifully with the borders - I really love the fun print around the outside.
That dark border does really set off those stars. I don't know why, but it certainly seems like it takes much longer than it should to finish the borders, no matter the size of the quilt. Happy stitching this week.
Sometimes a project just doesn't demand attention... and that's okay! Star and Crown is beautiful and that Colorado C block is amazing! Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
Star and crown is looking great. It's hard to say what makes us unengaged with a project. Whatever it really is, I hope you don't let this one sit around a long time! (For me, the problem is generally not finding any backing fabric I like for a top. Darn me for being picky!)
What a pretty quilt, Alycia. I love the border fabric that you used as well. Your horses are magnificent. It warms my heart to see them.
Great scrap buster and QOV. ❤️
Star and Crown is gorgeous!! Such pretty horses!
Star and Crown is stunning! Has tons of snap. I actually saw real horses yesteday at our County Fair (Erie County Fair is one of the largest and oldest). I sat and watched the horse/rider judging- where teens were riding/loping/jogging for a judge. I was so thrilled seeing teenagers doing something so well with so much work to it. Each horse seemed to have its own personality and expression. Saw real sheep also (my favorite).
Post a Comment