Oh looky what is at the bottom of one of my piles.... I am really NOT that unorganized - well - maybe I am...
I started this one in 2023!! whatttt!!!
The start... and the Stall You can see here - and nothing has changed haha!
In my defense - I was cleaning out my parents house and having to move all of their stuff, and putting it on the market, and I think that cutting fabric must have been my therapy at the time. So it worked its magic - I think I am still sane. ( Please don't ask my husband tho okay?)
Anyways - this is what I have:
And this is where the pattern came from - American Patchwork and Quilting - maybe 2021?
And by We - I mean the dogs and I supervised as K did all the work. But I am taking the credit as I nagged him until it was done. That counts right?
Today I am going to link up with
- Monday Musings Songbird designs
- Design wall Monday Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Sew and Tell Melva Loves Scraps



16 comments:
Those are really pretty blocks. If you choose a low number of blocks you could be done sooner, haha.
If you weren't able to be quilting, you definitely were part of the project and process. :) The Nine Patch Square Dance blocks look great. I look forward to seeing how many more you make.
Great new (old) project to complete--it looks fantastic and worth the time! The new step is just right! I have so many areas that need work like that by my guy has totally lost his ooomph and he never had that much to start with when it comes to house reno work--yard, yes, but house, no! lol
What size are the blocks? Just a few more to make and it could be a table topper. ;) Or a wall hanging. Either would make nice housewarming gifts. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
Owning a house DOES mean constant projects. ;)
Great blocks. . .playing with fabric and thread keeps us all from going over the edge. . .although sometimes, I've felt like it pushed me toward the edge!!!! K's upgrade to the rotten wood is stellar!!
That is a great block! I could see this in RWB for a QOV.
Housework seems to be never ending that is for sure. Your blocks look amazing, Alycia. I am quite smitten with them. You have me thinking about some of my stalled projects. Wishing you a lovely day. Hugs.
You are so funny. Yes, the joys of homeownership means there is always a project or two to be done. Love your Square Dance blocks. Nice work.
Those blocks are fun and I’m guessing it’s mostly stripe piecing so maybe they will go faster than you think? In any case, progress is progress, even if it isn’t a a finished top yet……. Doesn’t it feel great to finish one of the annoying house projects?
love the quilt. We are constantly fixing or replacing something on the house and are so behind on projects it is pitiful
I saved that pattern too! At least you started it. I just saved the pattern.
I remember my father saying that when owning a home, you need to do some major repair or upgrade every year. I should have listened better. There are too many things I need to fix up my home. Oh well, learn something every day.
Nagging and supervising are the most critical steps of any home reno project.
nice find indeed...those should workup quick....and ever see that movie 'money pit'? it's about owning a house...so yeah it's a constant maintenance job...
Very fun blocks. Hopefully it won't take to many to get it up to quilt size. I hear you on the home projects. After the massive wind storm we had on 4th of July we decided one tree was way to close to the house. That came out yesterday. Now to get the roof fixed.
I do believe nagging and supervision counts as being part of a project, Alycia!! It looks great. I just LOVE these 9-patch square dance blocks and I love the colors you have chosen for them. I understand that cutting can be therapy just like stitching them together. I look forward to seeing this one progress. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week.
Post a Comment