My Pringles is now a TOP!! Whoot Whoot!
I like it!! Joy Called my Purples the Hidden Path - and I have to say - that really appealed to me!! I love getting off the beaten path and finding the hidden path while hiking - so why not do that while quilting?
As she said - the Secret path can be the most rewarding to follow! Wise words! It turned out 72 x 90 inches. i think that is a perfect size! Bella was protecting it from the wind!
You may know a LOT of Colorado has been on fire lately - It makes the sunsets crazy. I took the one above on my cell phone and with the smoke and the haze - it read the colors really off - but I loved how it turned out. And then my cow photo - you won't believe this, but there are mountains behind them. That's how smoky it has been. I hope they get them out soon - so worried for all those folks.
Monday we had a fire just to the east of us - I think every rancher is on edge, as my phone started ringing. The smoke made it look like it was on our place, it was about 8 miles east.
Update on the foot: The doc gave me a new brace, and said if I could get my foot in a boot I could try to ride. He did not specify a pull on or lace up boot, and I did not clarify 😊So I wedged into my lace ups and!! I got to ride!!! That's even better news for me, my foot did get tired pretty quick - but heck fire - I am back!!
My mare hadn't been ridden since I did this in early May, so she was pretty tickled too. She just pranced and had a good ol' time. We've ridden every morning since the go ahead ( 3 days so far) and so far so good!
What have you been up to this week? Anything fun? Beating the heat?



19 comments:
I like your pringles top. It's fun cutting bricks and sometimes some mindless sewing them together, just when we need some therapy.
Wow!!! Pringles = impact!!!
What a feast of scraps, perfect!
Your Pringles is beautiful, and I love the name Hidden Path. Bella is doing a stellar job! I'm glad the fires haven't affected you directly and pray they get rain to put them out. Yay on the boot and getting to ride again!
Seeing your Pringles quilt (it’s wonderful) reminds me of a Scrap Vortex quilt I started years ago that I really should pull back out and finish… So much of North America is on fire, and we still have months to go before any kind of cold weather arrives. I am typing amidst an ‘end of days’ look outdoors with smoke hanging in trees and an orange sun overhead. There are over 150 forest fires in northwestern Ontario 1000+ km north of me (I’m in the southernmost tip), so it is extremely worrying and depressing what we are doing and continue to do to this precious planet.
That's quite a sunset photo! I didn't realize we were getting those - we live in an older neighborhood with big trees, so don't see a lot of the sunset. Your Prinles top is gorgeous, Alycia, and so glad your foot is better!
I'm so glad you could get a boot on and ride. I'm sure it was good for the soul. I love the Hidden Path - that is an awesome quilt with all the color. Great job!
Wonderful news about your return to the saddle! All is right with the world! It is amazing how much the feet are engaged when riding. I bet that foot got tired. Take it easy! As for your Pringles top, I love what Joy wrote and your interpretation of those words.
We have had crazy sunsets but it is from the Saharan desert sand all the way over us! I'm so glad you got to ride again!! The Pringles quilt is amazing!!
Your Pringles quilt top is beautiful and what a great size; I love the secret path and think that makes the quilt even better. I'm so glad your foot is doing so well and you are getting riding time in again. And I'm so sorry about the horrible fires this year. I hope they get better for everyone soon.
Hooray for riding and discovered purple paths, and boo for the fires and smoke. When we were in CO we had our smoke detectors go off on more than one occasion from distant fires. They are so scary!
Your scrappy quilt is gorgeous, as is that sunset. Enjoy your riding time.
That is one of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen. I hate that it take a fire to produce such beauty, though. Love the hidden path. So thrilled you are able to ride again!
I'm glad you were able to get back to riding. Those fires must be feeling a bit close for comfort. Awesome pictures, though maybe unsettling? Congrats on finishing the top.
Beautiful quilt top and congrats on getting back in the saddle!!
Your Hidden Path turned out wonderfully! Doggo approved I see. That sunset photo- yikes! I almost thought is wasn't real. Do hope the fires are abated very soon. And back in the saddle- I know that must have felt terrific after a long break. Horse people can't be without for very long!
Hi Alycia, great quilt! Good luck with the foot, the riding and the fires. Take care.
Wonderful quilt top. My kind of scrappy!
always good to get back to favorite pursuits....we had a few hazy days here in MD as well...
Post a Comment