What a fast week this has been!! Do some of your weeks go like that? You have plans and ideas, and then the next thing you know - the week is coming to an end?
I have been invited to a baby shower for someone who I have watched grow up, and they are some of my most favorite people. I started thinking of all the things I knew about them - and had fun choosing fabrics that represented them.
Also - I finished it !! In a short amount of time - I was quite driven...
We have pigs and chicken fabric. They helped us raise pigs when Little Bit was learning. There are tractors - as they farm, and my husband drove for them for a while. There is an Antique truck - they had one at their wedding, and cows - cuz - well - we all raise cattle - and teal paisley - that is his favorite color.
I hope they will like it - and USE it!!
I have also been organizing my *quilting Space* and I have come to realize - I need to focus.... (famous last words right?)
So I told myself to make a list, and then stick to that list for at least the month of August. Cross your fingers for me - that you see at LEAST 4 finishes for next month. Deal???
I need to make this FONF work for me - and inspire me to Get 'er DONE!


18 comments:
Making a list is easy, sticking to it is hard, lol. I love the way you picked fabrics that represent the family of the baby that’s coming……makes it so special!
What a pretty and special baby quilt - and how neat that you could make it so fast! Good luck with your August goal.
What a fun way to create a quilt - so meaningful! I bet the recipients love it, Alycia. Is that your own design? It's perfect for featuring fun prints. Happy Friday!
I really like that quilt - such an easy pattern to whip up! I'm also going to be redoing the whole fabric stash etc for the month of August - it's mostly in storage. Now that we're done traveling for the year, I really need to get to it! Blessings!
Very cute and personalized baby quilt. Great job!! I'm a list maker, and keep hoping the list will help me diminish the quantity of projects and things in my sewing space. It's helped a little - good luck!! I still have a long list and a lot of stuff in my happy place. LOL
What a fun finish! I make a list as if I don't my little squirrel distracts me way too much!
Beautiful baby quilt!! Already it is filled with memories! I always give a quilt with the same instructions---USE IT!
The quilt turned out so nicely!
Your fast finish is awesome! I'm trying to do the same thing... create a baby quilt in just a few days... for a last-minute gift. I'm also trying to organize, so I'll be joining you on your August goals. Good luck!
I am sure they are going to love and use that special baby quilt! And this week absolutely flashed by. I haven't had time to get to my sewing machine. Maybe this weekend??
What a lovely and fun quilt. It is a perfect gift especially since it came from the heart. I am quite smitten over farm fabrics. Have a great weekend, Alycia. Hugs
So sweet that you picked and chose fabric to personalize their baby's quilt like that! I love it and it looks great too. Wonderful job! ;^)
Oh, what a cute and meaningful baby quilt!
SEW nice that you were able to work in a few bits of the RSC Color of the Month, Alycia, to make this super sweet gift!
Adorable quilt! I love that the fabrics were specially chosen to relate to their lives.
Boy oh boy can I ever relate! It's great when you know someone well and the abundance of fabrics we have access to now allows you to hone in on making something very special and personal to them. A great and quick project and perfect for the occasion! Ooh, just wait until you get the cute "baby posed on the quilt" pictures!!
A very fun baby quilt. It seems that no matter what I get done during the week, it's not as much as I had hoped. Good luck with your goal for August. Fingers crossed that life doesn't have other plans.
What a sweet quilt, they will love it.
Post a Comment