Friday, July 24, 2026

Blocks, Blocks, and more Blocks ... and Finished (or not) Friday

Today is an *or not* Friday - but man did we have a fun week!

Started with our Regular QOV sew day - 



I had such fun making blocks for Cynthias Many Hands Many Hearts drive that we stole it!!! and !!

Made 94 blocks for our sew day . We need 80 per quilt, and I have 160 cut - can you believe it!!   ( ps Cynthia - the blocks I made for you will be winging out soon)

Then I was invited to be the speaker at my Home Guild - Pieceable Friends in Greeley - and before the program 10 of us got together and did a workshop.

I cut enough blocks for 4 quilts - we got all the blocks done, and even got a few rows assembled






But wait!! There is more!!

Remember my scrappy start to Popsicle Sticks?


Block components are made - and ready to assemble!!

No finishes - but lots of progress on the starts!!

How was your week?

Link up your direct link to your blog post and BRAG away!!




***************Link Up **********************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***************The End ********************

Have a great week!! We have one more Friday in the month... go finish something haha!!

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

10 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such lovely blocks all ready for assembling! Those ladies in your workshop sure worked well together to create such a fun top!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

You are a whirlwind! That's a pretty quilt the ladies are holding.

Donna P. said...

Wow! You sure have been busy! Love the blocks for QOV. Popsicle sticks? Cute! Your pattern? I have a feeling your scrap bin is over-flowing Blessings!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got all kinds of fun things going on there! The MHMH blocks will work wonderfully in red, white, and blue. I love what the guild gals sewed up, too. And way to go on your Popsicle Sticks! Before you know it, there are going to be all kinds of quilts sewn up!

Vicki in MN said...

Your week sounds wonderful, great production and with friends, awesome!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That's a lot of amazing progress! I love the mini potato chip blocks made in QOV colors. You've got a lot to keep you busy for a bit. :)

Delighted Hands said...

Lots of great projects in progress--I love to see your scrappy quilt blocks!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, those are all great blocks - and the building blocks (lol) for making quilts! It's all about having fun. Thanks for the party!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Congratulations on being the speaker at your Home Guild. What a wonderful week. Well done!

-Soma

Chantal said...

Wow! You had fun. I mean FUN!! Look at all those blocks and all the cutting!! Love the few rows assembled. You, ladies, rock!! ;^)