Friday, January 15, 2021

Queen of Diamonds.... and! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

Happy Happy Friday!!!

I sure hope your week was spectacular!!! I am sure mine was... It just went kinda fast on me! The wind has been howling and I am not a fan of that - so it makes us want to stay inside a bit more, which should be good for getting quilting done right?

This is my finish for this week!  It is called

Queen of Diamonds - 

the pattern is by Atkinson Designs and its awesomely fun to make!! 

and of course, this is a Quilt of Valor!

(pieced Quilted and going to a friend to bind! yay!)


We were going to go outside and take a really pretty Ranch shot - but I am pretty sure our Ranch has blown south - to New Mexico!  That wind - its been gusting at up to 75mph!!!


This is Puppy - he would like you to know - that he is not an outside dog when the wind blows - he kinda flies like a kite!

So now!!
it is your turn - Show me your Finishes!! ( or your not finishes)

* please directly link to the Finished Friday post
* visit some others
* share the link
* Make me Brownies
* and Have fun!!!




************************************************************************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
** ******************************************************************************


Linking to:

14 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on your finish.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Queen of diamonds is a lovely quilt, the recipient will love it! Happy stitching!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your Queen of Diamonds quilt. Great QOV

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, what a good use of scraps--this one really turned out great! Son way up in Tacoma, Wa , has had the same winds--a first for them!

Vicki in MN said...

That is a beautiful finish!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely finish, Alycia! I’ll be pinning this one. Your puppy is adorable!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Great finish. Don't blow away LOL

chrisknits said...

Love it! What a great quilt.

Joanne said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Preeti said...

Awesomely Fun is a good description and a catchy one :-) Have a great quilty weekend!

Susan said...

Another beautiful finish, Alycia. You made me laugh about your ranch blowing south to NM. There are places I've lived out west like that. I don't miss that, but I do miss the desert and high plains and mountains and cactus. And warm winters.

Donna said...

Love this quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Queen of Diamonds QOV looks amazing, Alycia! I love that the colors are subtly patriotic, but it doesn't scream "Flag Day" at you. I'm sure it will be cherished by the recipient. I love the quilting design you chose for it, too!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Hope the wind had dyed down, Alycia. Your Queen of Diamonds is gorgeous and love the border. Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful link party and for sharing . You have such a lovely blog.