Pages

Friday, September 11, 2026

Two QOV's quilted and !! Finished ( or not) Friday~!

Happy Happy Friday!!

I got TWO Quilts of Valor quilted - One of them is made by Me - (my crumby stars)  and Olive R's Stars and Stripes ( It's one from MSQC)


The girls thought it was getting awful warm on the grass - so they posed and ran! These are now going on to the next person to add the binding - and then!! On to a Veteran!

PS - I did notice todays date. Its a  Significant one - one that changed a lot of our lives. My Dad was a responder at the Twin Towers, and its interesting to me how my life changed because of his actions. And what trajectories we all got set on . 



How did your week go? Did you get to stitch some? Finish something amazing? Share away!!









*******************Link Up here *************************

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**************The End ***********************

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

11 comments:

  1. Two beautiful quilts, Alycia! I love the layout of your Crumby Stars - the stars are a wonderful surprise inside all those scrappy blocks. To know your dad was a responder at the Twin Towers gives me the shivers. So thankful for people like him! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Your new QOV quilts are beautiful! Thank you for remembering vets like you do.
    9/11 ... so many changes since then. I remember this day so well, as do my children. My dh and I wanted to re-up as did many veterans. Please thank your father for his faithfulness in his work that day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to your father for his service as a responder. We had a family friend who lost their middle son at the Pentagon that morning. Life has changed forever, even for those of us not touched directly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went back and read your September 09, 2009 post and realize how this all got started. Kudos to you and your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A significant day, indeed, and a good one to celebrate two beautiful quilts that will be well loved. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilts for the veterans. You do such good work. Thank goodness there were people like your father to help on 9/11. You must be very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason, your post wouldn't show up until 12:30 PST today. So odd!!! I finished a small top. Wahoo! Yes, the events on September 11 affected many families that day and so many more families in the last 25 years. Your crumby stars are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous QOV quilts! And good doggies!!! I'd like to hear about your dad's experience as a responder at the Twin Towers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girls are great models!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on finishing two quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the photo of the girls with your two finishes - great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey