Pages

Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Ranchin' around and Life

the cows say hi!!
I got to be the *Rancher in control* for a while , and then they told me I was wrong - it was them in control and they would run the range haha..

So I closed the gate and got all the grain ready before they stampeded me !


We don't get to see the Northern Lights often - we have seen them twice in the many years we have lived here - so I teased.. we had som crazy storms and a sunset - I think this might be the Northern Lights of Colorado.....




All the girls were back together for a little bit!
My Son came home to hang out and then we took a little trip....


But not before crazy storms came in. My Husband sees a dinosaur head in the right side of the photo. And now - I can't unsee it.


We had a break out in the middle of the night!  We had built a new corrall for one of the stud colts. We were trying to give him more room, and sand - to keep dry from the rain.

But!! He started playing with his feed pan and somehow unhooked the panels ---- and he Escaped!


And part of his escape was to get into the hay shed. We have a side with grass hay and a side with alfalfa... you know he went to the alfalfa - and man - did he make a mess!



We took a little trip - my son said - I see your suitcase....




And a close up - proved he was right - you can see my patriotic fabric haha! While we were waiting for our return flight - we saw the Honor Flight from Florida disembark - it was pretty cool - everyone on the airport stood and clapped for them. The smiles were huge!




Now!!
Back to the piles!!!

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

9 comments:

  1. That such a cute picture of the dogs! Glad you got away for a while. Great store about the Honor Flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of your beautiful space! The photo of the pups is so, so cute. Did you have any trouble getting your colt back into his space? Do you think he just wanted out of the rain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that stud colt won't open his panels again after he managed to do it once. Horses are smarter than many think they are! May your piles become more finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy, taming cows and catching errant horses. How did you have time for a trip too? Hope the trip was fun and you have no more midnight chases to deal with for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful prairie skies!! Hope the escapee didn't get into anything that would hurt him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not fun to have an escape artist colt! What beautiful photos of your sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cows don't say "Hi", do they... don't they say "Hay"?
    So Sorry.
    Love your home fire blogs. I never was a rancher, but I did spend some lovely hours in haylofts as a little girl at Grandpa's farm in Central WI., so I identify with your runaway calf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My horses would have ended up in the same place! I hope he didn't get too much alfalfa so as to cause problems. I love/adore Colorado skies. Their beauty surpasses skies anywhere else I've been! Thanks for sharing, and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely visit on the ranch. LOL that fiesty sneaky little colt. How funny but I am sure not at that time especially with him getting into the alfalfa .

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey