Pages

▼

Monday, September 28, 2026

Nine Patch Square Dance, Popsicles Sticks, Elate and Leftovers

 Remember my Goal to reduce the Piles around my sewing area? That led me to finish the start of the Nine Patch Square Dance...

I had a whole pile of fabrics pulled for it, but as I started in - I realized I didn't want to use all of them. I liked sticking with a limited color palette.

and now that top is finished:  



I also realized I didn't want to put the fabrics away, as I might never see them again - things do go missing in my fabric storage system.... so!!

I started cutting Strips.  remember the Popsicles Sticks Pattern from Atkinson's design?  I love it so:

I might have cut enough strips for it...... 



But wait!!! While I was late night scrolling I found the Elate Pattern from Carolyn Friedlander... and so I thought.. I should cut a few strips for it. I was planning on mixing them with some other strips - but!!

After I finished Popsicle Sticks - I sat down to count what I had for the Elate Quilt - and I had EXACTLY enough to make a baby quilt....



This just needs to be rowed now....

but wait!!

I saved all the leftover Bits and Bobs: 


its quite a pile - I am hoping I have time to put together something Scrappy with all these yummy leftovers before I need to Start my next Memory Client Quilt....


Who Knows what these will become???

and who knew there were that many quilt tops in the pile of fabric!!

Linking to:


Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

11 comments:

  1. NPSD is just gorgeous! Nice work heading to your goal of reducing the piles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a conundrum when I finish a quilt, having those lovely coordinating scraps! I have so many bags of projects remains kept together! Haha, doesn't seem to lessen the size of my overall scrap bin though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Elate pattern - I might just have to give it a try for some fabrics that are waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 9-patch square dance quilt!!! Nice job saving it from obscurity forever in a fabric bin! The new scrappy quilts are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are doing a great job of keeping those scraps going. Good luck getting them all finished and into projects. I really like the Nine Patch Square dance and am amazed you've already made 2 more quilts with the left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Love that first one especially. But the popsicle sticks is an awesome way to use the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nine Patch Square Dance is so pretty - I love those colors together! You've found all kinds of useful scraps in your piles. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to realize that the fabrics are the same in each of these! Scraps beget scraps, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a productive attacking of a stash of fabrics waiting to be used. What a fun group of quilts came out of it, and one lady in waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job using and using and using those piles of fabric. And, now you have 3 quilt tops to find backing for! (That's always my bug-a-boo!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on a roll! I love the 9-patch square dance.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey