Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Leftovers

 A while back I made quilt a few of those gingham/Buffalo Plaid quilts. and I had some leftovers. 

since I am clearing my piles, it was time to address these. I might should have addressed them to one of you - but! I put them up on the design wall and played around with them

This is what I came up with: 


And then I stared at it for a long time. And then I decided that I liked the way the lights and darks played with each other. and Then I decided - Just put it together. 

And so I did. Its not very big, but Our local Hospice likes bright smaller lap quilts - I think that this will probably go there when its quilted ( and bound)

Quilting has bee so fun - and much cooler that outside - I think I showed you the tractor on my last baby quilt.



And then this one - I have been thinking of what I want to quilt on the Dinosaur quilt I made my son - so I tested this one on a client quilt. I think it kind of looks like a Dinosaur jungle...


We will see what he thinks!!

I feel like  a Quilter on a mission to finish up these things that I have piled, but while I am working on them - I am finding that I am thinking of the *next* project.

Its a problem 😄😄😎



Linking up with

Wednesday Wait Loss

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

5 comments:

  1. And it's a problem we all have I think!! This week I am trying to get several items off the 'To be quilted' pile and thinking what can I piece next when I take a break from that! I like what you did with these leftover blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing because we quilters just can't dispose of any little scrap! Love what you did! The quilting designs are fun, too. I am just entering that realm as I finally computerized my long arm within the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leftovers made a pretty quilt! Someone will love it and find comfort in it. :) How are your big baby pups doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go for reducing the piles and increasing the finishes! Isn't it amazing how some leftovers turn into a piece of sunshine? You've done with those gingham/Buffalo Plaid leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how the plaid quilt leftovers came together; that would be a great hospice quilt. And I figure it's a good sign that we're always thinking about the next project. We're not done yet, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey