Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Quilts of Valor 2014

Out in Haxtun Colorado there was a fall Festival. Marsha and her friend Elenna set up a booth about Quilts of Valor and even entered a quilt in the show!! it was fun to hear about all that went on - and Bless Marsha for the photos!! 




Didn't they do a great job?  I think there was quite a bit of interest generated... I have heard from some veterans that live in that area! Awesome!!
 This was the prize winning quilt. I do believe she is keeping that one -)

let me show you some more quilty inspirations!!
One of the ways Quilts of Valor hears about Veterans that have not recieved a Quilt is by individual Requests. These are made at qovf.org . we hear about them, and then get to head out to make the presentation. Sometimes they take a while to arrange, some get to happen almost immediately. Here are photos of a few. 




Check out this yummy quilt - it was made by Cindy B. I got to meet Cindy when her son came home from his deployment. She is awesome - and funny!

Here is another quilt that she made - she made over 150 Quilts of Valor - impressive  ( and that was during her son's 9 month deployment)

Here is another that Cindy made. I believe these are all flannel - and they will be SO loved!! It's getting cold in this country!

This is a big flannel Quilt - it was pieced and quilted by Jeanette in Denver. It's really snuggly!

The next two quilts were pieced by quilters in the Columbine Quilt guild QOV bee - and Jeanette Quilted them. Her quilting time is a little limited right now - she has to watch her granddaughter. I think she might really enjoy that ( grin)  The little one is cute!


This is a prep photo - this is what my house looks like weekly. As quilts come in and are finished I lay them out in order over my couches and the boys and I do a photo shoot *giggle* and they have to put them back in the exact order they picked them up. so we can get all the pillowcases back to them.

You never knew I was that organized did you?  

Have a great week.... and here is a hint.... do you have some extra 2 1/2 inch patriotic strips hanging around? Do you want to be a part of a Quilt of Valor Quilt?  Get those strips out and sorted into Reds, Whites and Blues.... there might be something coming up that you want to do ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I have 2-1/2"strips. Unfortunately they are buried in the bottom of the closet as the sewing room goes under major reorganization. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Got boxes of them. Need new ideas for National Sew Day. Think you can help? wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Love your shows. I look forward to them every week. Lots of inspiration seeing all the different patterns.
    Keep up the great work.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. More great quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey