Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 07, 2026

FireWorks!!

 This has been the year of some amazing groups wanting to help out in our Quilts of Valor Efforts - Earlier this year I spoke at the League of Northern Colorado Quilters and! We had a sew day...

it was a blast : Read about it here.

I had tops, I had blocks... and this week!!

I got to Quilt one of the tops!!




Isn't this just fun!! I love the texture that comes out - and all the flags waving with the stars. I found a SUPER cool backing fabric - and yes... I did buy the whole bolt!!

I loved it - and I have enough QOV's to quilt  - I will probably use it all!

 ( I just realized the photo is upside down... just flip your monitor haha)



We made Three tops that day - this is 1 of the 3 - so you will see a few more!! 

Alright - it is Prime Deal Days... I have been so interested in a red light therapy thing for a long time. I don't have a lot of experience with them - but have used them at my massage place. I hear that they are good for sore muscles and healing. 

I have hit that age where my hips hurt - a lot... So I am jumping in and on deal days buying one: 

This one dropped $30 bucks for deal days: 

medisana Red Light Therapy for Body  if you have any experience let me know - I will be excited to try it and see if it really does help. Also - My Ankle/Foot is still in the healing phase ( it is SOOOO slow) maybe it will help there too?

I did get this Vibration plate last fall - and I use it a lot, it helps with the puffiness and surprisingly if you use it at low speeds , relaxes my back... ( its 20% off for deal days)

And a funny, Just in case my Grandbaby gets to come this way.. I got diapers haha!! They were on sale!! and!! if she doesn't come here, I can just pack them for when I visit.  

BTW - I walk 5-6 miles a day, I do my chores, I do stretches, any other suggestions to help with hip pain - I will take them ...


Linking up with
Wed Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter

Put your foot down at A quiltery

Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon    Ebay

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)



13 comments:

  1. Isn't that a pretty quilt! I love it all - pattern, fabric, backing and of course the quilting. Good luck with finding something to ease those muscles. Sounds like you get plenty of exercise for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cool QOV. It's a fun pattern and the quilting really works. I should get stock in whoever makes Advil and Aleve, I use a lot of both these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous QOV and your stitch design with the flags and stars is perfect for it. Great backing!!!

    My hip pain suggestion - when your doctor says it's time for replacement, go for it. Hip replacement is a very easy surgery to recover from. I waited too long and now all the "limping" has caused knee problems. I'll be interested in how the red light device works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The QOV looks fabulous; hooray for lots of helping hands. I use a massage gun on my glutes and also a firm foam roller and that helps me to manage my chronic (since blowing out 2 discs at 19 in a wakeboarding accident) low back and hip pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty quilted QoV! To walk five to six miles every day. . .WOW! I have no experience with red light therapy so you will have to post what you think about it. Have you been to a podiatrist to check that your feet aren't part of the culprit to your hip pain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt! It "seams" like an easy design.
    I have a mean sciatic nerve... I use Aspercream and Tylenol and I put my legs up whenever I can.
    Please report on your red light devise. I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the quilt! Sorry about the hip pain...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cozy QOV will make a veteran very happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Woo hoo, another finish. Good for you.

    When I stay on Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, it takes about a month, but it helps other areas of the body that I didn't even realize hurt.

    P.S. I have a new computer. And still cannot get into all of my previous e-mail accounts. So I'm going to call and leave my new one.

    San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chiropractor? I've had my hip adjusted and it does loosen everything up. Also yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Your quilt is fabulous. Try yoga for your hip pain. I have arthritis in my right hip and stretching with yoga has really helped. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful quilt! I love the combination of the rectangle blocks, and the pretty stars here and there. Joint pain is an issue at our house, too - if you come up with an amazing remedy, be sure to tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so pretty and yeah the quilting is just perfect for it. I'm still very skeptical of red light therapy but in building our new house right now, I insisted on a sauna. I've been a ball of ache (most esp in the fall/winter) and while I'm afraid to get my hopes up, I'm really glad we settled on the red light sauna! If it helps it'll be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey