Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The last September QOV presentation

 We were also lucky to have a presentation at our Sew day on Sunday

so fun to have our Vets come see us in action and then be able to honor them.

We always have a lot of guests - but this one... Holee cow - there was hardly any room - I love that SO much!!



We had :

Navy Vietnam - and Reservist - His quilt was wrapped around him by his daughters - is was so sweet.

Airforce  Navigator : Bronze Star, Flying cross, and many others -with 3 combat tours to Vietnam.

Army Vietnam: Silver Star for extraordinary heroism in close combat. I was allowed to read his whole story from his military record. I was quite honored he allowed us to share.

Army Korean conflict and Vietnam

Army Vietnam: He was a replacement in the 25th infantry during the invasion of Cambodia. Awards include the "Cross of Gallantry " Bronze Star and the Army Commendation medal with 2 oak laves ( means it was awarded 3 times) 

Army  Vietnam - His quilt was made by his sister and she drove from the western slope to see it be awarded ( oh the pressure!!) It was so awesome to see

Navy  OEF - Three tours to Iraq and quite shy!

I love being a part of these! We are on a little break for a week or two - I only have 2 presentations in October. Which is quite good - I need to catch up on the washing and prepping of Quilts!!  haha


Find me at all these places:


    
Etsy        Instagram      Facebook       Amazon

(ps - a commission is earned on purchases from amazon thru my link)

5 comments:

  1. These QOV quilts and presentations really keep you girls hopping. I love that a family member wraps them in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those vets! The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful award ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that seems really special for a family member to make the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a presentation that was with so many honored veterans! Hearing their stories is awesome and yet another way to give them a hug for their service.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!! I love hearing your thoughts!!! Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my Quilting Journey