Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Quilt Ladder

 if you remember - we decided to have our wood floors redone... and oh lawsy mercy do they look good!! But!! They kicked up a LOT of dust....

So Like one does when there is dust, and new floors - they clean and then! they decide to paint!!
Except that I couldn't remember the exact shade of paint I used the first time.

So I chose what I thought was close.... and I was wrong!! So the WHOLE kitchen/dining room got painted.... because.... just touching up the spots made my poor wall look like it had calamine lotion on it!

As I was painting I started thinking of accent colors - and the Quilt ladder I always wanted... and so - There is a little antique place here in town - I headed over there and found an old Ladder.....




Cleaned it all up and started painting it.....

But then!!

I decided that my trim needed updating. Okay I will be honest - we never put trim in in the first place - we moved in and just got to living... so! I went to get some trim that I liked and I painted it the same color - and now.....



I have teal trim in the kitchen...... I just love it!!


And ta da!! Here is the whole thing - now that bend in the floor - that a camera bend - I couldn't' get the whole thing in one shot! Oh!!

See my photo wall on the right - teal photo frames!!!

And!! the next thing I want to do is reupholster  the chairs around the table - they are yellow and probably 100 years old - I think they need an update. But that will be my July project .

So that was a fun project.... wait till I tell you about my bathroom.... I kinda flooded it... so you know - we had to re do it as well. ( good thing my husband loves me!)

12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ah, yes. One home improvement project has a way of leading to another (and another...) Looking good, Alycia!!

Sherrill said...

Teal is a good accent color. I decided I wanted my bedroom teal a few years ago and got it all painted. Loved it for awhile and that has worn off. I've been pondering a replacement but have yet to get it done. You are definitely keeping busy with the house fix ups!!

julieQ said...

What a lovely kitchen to cook and live in! Perfect update; love those floors!

Donna said...

Looking good!!! Love your spots of teal color!!! My friend just put a teal tile back splash in her kitchen. I thought it would be too much color but it actually looks beautiful!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Your flood look great. As does the teal. Vinyl plank flooring in being installed in my basement as I type. Woo hoo!! I can finally see the end of the (house portion) saga of my basement flood. I think all my stuff will be moved back in on Thursday.

Judy in Michigan said...

Love your new kithen and especially the island!!! Regarding the bathroom, a likely story about flooding it, accidents do happen or you can make them happen, right???

Delighted Hands said...

Oh, it is so nice to see the whole room! Fantastic job and the teal accents are perfection! And the ripple effect to other projects can be a big sink hole! lol

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

Linda Swanekamp said...

I read my kids and now my grandkids, "If you give a Mouse a Cookie". I think you have your own version of the story.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Flooded? Oops! Everything is looking snappy and fresh.

Vicki W said...

Ugh, I only like home improvement projects if they can be done before I move into the house!

Linda said...

What a lovely home you have!