Monday, May 10, 2021

Stars Unfurled - a double design wall

 As you know - I have been pattern testing the quilt called Stars Unfurled - designed by Katie Mae  and!! I have gotten to the stage where I get to put it up on the design wall!!


Actually - Its a double design wall!! I started out testing the Throw size of the quilt ( she offers 4 different sizes), but as I went a long - I became aware of s few Veterans that could use quilts of a different size... so I started playing with the blocks that I had made to see what I could come up with!

So here is design wall Number One: 


Ta da!!   I may end up adding borders to this one, after I get the center done I will remeasure and make sure it will work for this particular Veteran - if not.... I will add a Maroon Border

And now on to Design Wall Number 2!



This one will (obviously) be larger than Number 1 - but!! I really like this one - and It won't need borders for this Veteran! 

So when this pattern comes out - I will be sure to let you know, and you will want to make one! There are lots of other color ideas - its just I think in Patriotic... !! ( can you imagine!)

Oh!! And I do have blocks left - for a design Wall #3 

Stitch away!!!

Linking to:

Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts


15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that - it looks like flags waving through the sky

Kathleen said...

This is a fun easy looking pattern! Hooray for testing and for quilts of valor.

Kat Scribner said...

Great design Alycia and my favorite star !!

Linda said...

That is a neat pattern! How big are the blocks?

The Joyful Quilter said...

You think in Patriotic and I think in miniature. SEW funny how different we all are, Alycia! I'll be looking forward to seeing how your test quilt turns out.

Bonnie said...

Nice design. I like how the alternate blocks adds a sense of motion. Nice to be able to layout the quilt in different ways. I hope #3 is shown sometime too!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I like that design!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a lovely pattern -- great illusion of movement from that alternate block. Looking great!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

looks great! sew happy you will be able to make more than one quilt with your blocks! win-win!!

Donna said...

Really love this design!!!

Mary said...

I love the pattern and your colors. Simple beauty.

Vicki in MN said...

Looks like a fun but easy enough pattern to do.

Delighted Hands said...

A great design and lots of possibilities--obviously! Imagine you thinking in 'patriotic'?!?!?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilt looks fabulous, Alycia. Love the arrangement of the blocks and the movement in it.

AnnieO said...

Terrific block pattern for alternate squares--lots of movement!