Wednesday, May 12, 2021

A little refinishing and .... a Squirrel!!!

 First off the Squirrel.... or maybe the backstory to the squirrel?

You saw my Finish from Last Friday?  ( I am sure you did, since you eagerly await my blog post each day right? I crack myself up!!)

Well anyways - when making those blocks you got a little bonus block. And the Bonus Blocks were sitting in a pile on my Ironing Board, and we decided to do a little remodel, which meant moving my Kitchen and Dining Room into my sewing room, Which meant my husband thought the *open space* on my ironing board would make a good piling spot... I highly *ahem* Highly!!! Disagree!!

So when I was moving the dishes he piled on my ironing board -  those blocks just jumped out - and I sat down to sew - because - really - what area few extra dishes in the area?

Here is where I am:


Oh Whoops - I got overly zealous in my photo - it is the project on the left!! Mostly I put blocks in a pile until I can figure out what to do to make them into a 60 x 80 quilt - but Not anymore!! Okay - Not this week!!  This one will be small - maybe 35 x 35 - but! I may add a border? Who knows.... we are in the midst of inorganization right now!!


Oh and now - the Refinishing.... My Kitchen/Dining Room floor is wood and has taken a beating over the years with 3 Boys, Dogs, and Friends of Boys - it was time to re finish the floor...



Which meant we had to move the Refrigerator and the Oven and the Table and the Chairs and the Photos, and the crap that builds up .... into my SEWING space.... oh boy!!  

it's all good tho - because I have been sorting through and I swear at least half of it is not going back!! and I might have some redecoating Ideas too.... my husband thinks he woke up a monster!

Back to stitching!!!


Linking to:

Midweek Making

10 comments:

sue s said...

You're being really ambitious here! Our kitchen stuff ended up all over the house when we did our total remodel. I would go to one room for dishes, another for spices- lucky for us we had a second kitchen downstairs...Fortunately the fridge only moved to the dining room as that was not being used.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Best of luck with your remodeling, so you can get your sewing space back sooner rather than later!

Delighted Hands said...

The interim will be tough but the end results will be amazing!!!! Good for you!! The new blocks are very sweet!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Silly, Rancher Man!! Doesn't he know you can't do just ONE remodeling job? It's a physically impossible task! :P
Your design wall looks fabulous, by the way.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun redecorating the kitchen.

WeedyMama said...

My first thought was "I'd kill him." And then I scrolled down to the pix of him on the floor. "Hmmmm, not so fast. I think he's a 'keeper'". And....... you obviously can't cook in a kitchen that looks like that, so .... he must be doing the cooking (aka, you are eating out!) I THINK HE'S A KEEPER!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh my those floors are just gleaming!!

patty a. said...

Good luck with your remodeling. It is always more work than you think it will be! A few years ago I had the floors refinished in my living room, foyer and two bedrooms. I moved my bed downstairs, jammed the dresser/nightstands into the bathroom which adjoins the master bedroom, the sofa, huge area rug and desk were shoved into the dining area of the kitchen along with the dining table and chairs. The kitchen and dining area are tile. Two years later my neighbor was having a party and asked if he and a couple of his friends could move my sofa back into the living room; I didn't want to shove it across the newly finished floor. SO yes, for two years I had to squeeze around the sofa and step across the rolled up rug. I sure hope you are faster than I was getting your house back in order. I live alone so it was no big deal. It was a bit of a pain squeezing by the sofa every day to get to the kitchen, but I guess it wasn't painful enough to make me get things moved back in place! LOL!!!

Susan said...

Floor refinishing. That's worse than getting new carpeting, since you have to cover up stationary items. Ugh!

Vicki W said...

The floors look awesome! I think refinishing floors is one of the messiest and most annoying of all home projects.