Saturday, February 27, 2021

Yellow RSC and Table Scraps

YELLOW!!! Here is my Final Count of Yellow Placemats - for my RSC and Placemat Project


 

The top 6 are not quilted yet, but!! I have the backing prepared for my next QOV and I added extra to it - so they will be quilted soon!!!  The Bottom Three are quilted... and of course, need binding. But I found a cool little yellow stripe in my stash - that I really think wants to be the binding....


A better photo of the 6 pieced ones
and a recap of the quilted ones





I did not Make these Blocks - they came from another person - and that full story is here:
Yellow Statistics  .  I thought they would be a perfect way to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Joyfuls Table Scraps Challenge and!! Give a little something back to my community.

oh!! and you know - to make it about me... cuz really.... practice some fun quilting motifs ... I mean! If I don't t like them I don't have to take a photo, and I can give them away and we will NEVER know they existed - haha!!





Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook


22 comments:

Linda said...

So sweet that those orphan blocks found a pretty home! Love all the yellow goodness. Your quilting is superb.

Kate said...

Very sunny place mats. They will definitely be enjoyed and appreciated. I really like that feathered quilting on the second quilted placemat.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi again! Love these and the whole concept behind them. I have wanted to volunteer for our local Meals on Wheels and had contacted them just before the pandemic shut everything down. Had I been thinking (!!), I could have used the last year to make oodles of placemats just for them. But it's never too late to make a difference and give a piece of yourself. {{Hugs}} Great job. ~smile~ Roseanne

Preeti said...

Table scraps that are yummier than a feast...must be Alycia :-) Hope your weekend is warm and sunny.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE the way you combine the RSC and the Table Scraps Challenge to come up with a wonderful community service project, Alycia!! Bonus points for have a bit of fun with the quilting. :o))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I still haven't finished my RSC blocks for the month. I guess I'll finish them in March. Glad you are keeping up.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome, Alycia!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Donna said...

Your placemats look so cheery!!! These are going to brighten up someone’s day!!!

grammajudyb said...

What a great project! Happy yellow and butterscotch placemats!

Deb A said...

I love the idea of practicing quilting on these table placemats. Great job using up some yellow.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Perfect use for those orphan blocks, Alycia! Love your placemats in yellow!

chrisknits said...

You are too funny! That's why I haven't taken photos of each of the T-shirt blocks I am quilting! LOL! Great job on the scraps!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

These placemats will add a little bit of sunshine to every meal.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very fancy quilting - good for you for adding that extra flourish!

Ivani said...

Good use of those orphan blocks. Love the quilting.

WeedyMama said...

A little citrus, a little pineapple, some butterscotch. Somebody is going to gain weight just looking at those little bits and pieces of 'goodness'. I too like that second with the 'butterfly-ish' swirls.

Good job.

Delighted Hands said...

Who wouldn't enjoy a meal on these cheerful placemats!!?!?!?

Susie H said...

Way to go! You made great use of orphan blocks AND got to try out some quilting motifs. That's a win-win in my book!

scraphappy said...

So many fun quilting patterns! Now on to the binding.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely placemats! Yellow is such a joyful color ;)

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, la la! The quilting is really quite beautiful.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

These are so much fun , Alycia. You always have so much quilty goodness going on here.