Sunday, December 13, 2020

Stars and Stripes Panel Quilt...

 is now a top!

This was a fun one - I love the Ohio Star ( Thanks Nan for them!!) and it was fun to build the strip sets to see how it would go around the panel.

And here is my finished top!

I actually have a back for it, but I know I won't get to quilt it until 2021.  ( I am practicing typing that date)


I am (sorta) keeping up with my Hourglass a day blocks - I have 60 done.  This is from the tutorial at Cluck Cluck Sew.  She already has her top done!! But that's okay - Not a competition, and I am enjoying using these as leader/Enders!


I was told to Take a Hike

Bwahh ha ha!!  We headed up to the High Country for a little visit. We needed to take a hike and see what we could see. The fires that were up here were devastating, and we could see the burn areas as we drove thru to this hiking spot.  7.2 miles, and I think we only carried the dog about 3 miles of it. 


and yes... my dog is spoiled ;-)   He is also pretty tiny, I was impressed he made it. Of course, there will be more photos in days to come 🥰


8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the way you chose to set the Panel Quilt! The top looks great, Alycia. Happy quilting!

Sherrill said...

Do you have one of those baby carrying things that moms use to carry babies on their front? HA I LOVE your panel quilt and every time you make one, I always tell myself I need to get a couple of my panels made up!! So far that hasn't happened.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Even that little snow would be hard for a small dog to get around in.

chrisknits said...

Cool top! And of course you carry your dog, after all, they are our babies! Except my 50 lb dog, he's gonna have to walk. LOL

Delighted Hands said...

Great top--all of the elements work very nicely together! Love the snowy pic!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

scraphappy said...

What a fun quilt top. Always such fun to put fabric panels to good use. Looks like a great day to take a hike! I am sure the dog enjoyed a little lift.

Kate said...

The Ohio Stars do work really well. Congratulations on a fun and scrappy QOV quilt top finish.