Monday, April 20, 2020

What a difference a Year makes

Last year at this time... my whole family congregated for a wedding on the coast of California..

This year at this time... well - we aren't! Ha ha!!

Here we are at the beach - we think we are pretty cool - we were wearing shorts and flip flops - novel for those of us who left snow.... haha!!





And we had a chance to go paddleboarding on the bay... Newport Beach - it was awesome! I didn't fall in, and! I saw marine wildlife!


My youngest cousin got married - and although it should have been all about her - I think this is one of my favorite photos - The girls in the red and yellow are just friends - but all the rest are my family -
My son, my Sister in law ( with her hand over her mouth) my son, Husband, me and other son. The two girls in the front right corner - my cousin and cousins daughter.... Isn't that a fun capture?

The cousin that got married - married a man who comes from a family of comedians ( I mean TRUE comedians) and one of the brothers did the marriage ceremony. He was SO hilarious - we were all trying not to laugh lour loud.... it was a great ceremony.


The other thing that was kinda cool - all the cousins but one were there. So of course - we had to try to take a group photo at midnight...  Lighting was not our friend - but it was fun to hang out!




and then the sad part
the airport
Where we all had to go back from where we came



I love memories 
And this was such a fun trip.

We had another one planned this year,
but.. it is on hold.
That oldest kid of mine is graduating from Law School! and!
The graduation ceremony is kinda postponed ( or possibly cancelled)

But I am going to claim organization - we had everyone - including my parents and Husbands parents all arriving at the same airport within 30 minutes of each other.  That kind of success may never happen again for all of my planning - ha!! 

Thanks for sharing my Memories today




9 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So sorry to hear that his law school graduation is just one of so many that have been postponed/cancelled.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy memories - one day it will happen again

Nann said...

This spring -- this year! -- will be remembered for a long, long time to come.

Delighted Hands said...

Thankfully, our plans are only on hold not completely cancelled!!!! I love to get together with my cousins, too!

Lynette said...

Very fun memories. Thank you for sharing them with us - brought a spot of cheer to my dull afternoon. :)

WeedyMama said...

Law school in one year? he must have burned his tail feathers to do that!!!

Three sons -- I predict three weddings some time in the future, and more parties and get-togethers.

Thermo says 70 today, and the attic fan is on! Just a tease to remind us that summer will come.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

This virus has messed up two different weddings that we were supposed to go to. They both had to become online weddings instead. The graduation I was supposed to go to will now also be online. I really wanted to travel to see family. I was going to get to see my grandkids at the graduation. Not sure when I'll get to see them again (they live over 3000 miles away). Poor hubby hasn't even gotten to meet the youngest grandkid.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I remember that trip, Alycia. You guys had SO much fun! Law School? Why do I not recall that Big Bit was in Law School?! For some reason, I thought he was in the military.

Kate said...

Looks like a very fun time and how great that the whole family got together before social distancing was a thing. Hopefully the graduation is just postponed and not canceled. I really feel for a lot of those graduating from high school and college this year. Probably not how they thought the year would end.