Monday, October 01, 2018

Log Cabin Loonies.... I am giving in

Oh I am just giving in... ha ha!!

Julie over at JulieKQuilts  started a log Cabin Loonies project - and I have been watching, and seeing all the quilts that others are working on.... and dreaming....

and then I started a little bit of organizing. Just a little bit, I don't want to get carried away!!
and I found a bage of scraps that had been gifted to me

I sorted and pulled the colors

 and now this pile:



Is turning into this pile:


and if time goes my way - I will start some log cabin blocks for fall!


Didn't want you to think I was playing too much Hooky and goofing off in the mountains. ;-)

Happy October!!!


12 comments:

KaHolly said...

I got sucked it, too! Happily so. I’ve only made 16 blocks for a donation pillow top, but they were too much fun. I’m already eyeballing another bag of scraps to start some more. Have fun!

julieQ said...

Yahoo!!! It is super fun, Alicia...hahahaha!

Barob Book Blog said...

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Projects like this usually lead me to my LQS! Yay!

Terri said...

I thought I was on a different site with that last comment.
On your site I wanted to say I've got some of the same fabrics as you are showing there. Maybe I should Log Cabin, too. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gah!!!! I am still doing my best to resist ....

Kate said...

Looks like you've gotten off to a great start.

Kate said...

You've got some fun scraps to play with. Looking forward to seeing your log cabin blocks.

Quilter Kathy said...

Yippee... resistance is futile! LOL

Cathy said...

Aha! Another fellow looney!They sure are addictive!

Angie said...

Thank you for putting my mind at ease - I was losing sleep over you having too much fun in the mountains! (And yes, that's sarcasm!) Looking forward to seeing the next steps in this process!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You were able to resist longer than I was. But I am happy I joined in. Using fall colors will make a lovely quilt.

Preeti said...

Little bit of organizing? Where is it? I don't see any organizing Alycia. You see, finding a bag of scraps is the OPPOSITE of organizing.But then it is Log Cabin loonies so who cares about organizing. Have fun in the cabin :-)