Friday, August 17, 2018

Taking the Backroads

I have been expanding my photo services a bit - and have started taking more family type photography. A family that lives a little out of the way asked me to come to do their photography. And I had a blast!!  I went down a really cool dirt road, and under a highway - and of course - I made my husband come drive for me - so I could yell  *STOP*  every time I want to take a different photo.....

Of course - this was after I photographed the family. I wanted to make sure I had enough card space and battery  ( Ok - I do - i have 3 batteries... and 4 cards... I just wanted to sound like I had priorities)

Want to see what I saw?

Hope you said yes !!

 The little town on the way is a pretty little town and this looms over it - if you all have been in eastern colorado on I76 - you have probably seen it!!


This may have been abandoned  ( ha ha) not sure tho!




You probably remember how much I LOVE black and whites?  If I had more walls in my house - I would have a million of them..... don't ask how many walls I have already claimed......



I tell you - the sunset was just magnificent! No buildings to block anything, and no lights turning on


This time of year the sunflowers start to bloom and poor farmers have to deal with every photog in the city coming out to capture them. A lot of times to the detriment of the crop. I know - these aren't really sunflowers - but I caught the look - and .... didn't get in any field!!   ( go me!)

We will call him Cliff
Cliff heard my car and heard the window go down and he gave me quite the stare.
Anywhere I moved... Cliff kept his eagle eye on me

At first it was funny - then it was kinda creepy
He felt big and bad as we drove away
he stared down that big ol white vehicle and claimed him pasture back







I LOVE barns!!!


And the skies - I feel the clouds and the skies really add so much drama!!


This is my fence post - by the time I let my poor husband stop driving it was pretty dark - but I love the effect of the stars in the sky with this one.


And another of Cliff - just cuz I like him... and I think - deep down under that angry stare.... he loves me



and this is the family
They are moving from this beautiful location and wanted some last memories of it
Here I tried to Photograph them looking  really nostalgic

The End

16 comments:

Kate said...

Great photos! Love the black and whites.

Barob Book Blog said...

Lovely pictures of colorful Colorado in Black & White. They are so... what’s the word I’m lookin for? Stunning! Love the buildings, barns, etc. good luck to the family who are moving on. Thanks for sharing.

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Your photographs, both color and black/white, are truly artistic!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great photos. My grandfather took wonderful photos. I take lousy photos.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Magnificent - every single one of those black and whites are beyond awesome. Sigh . . . .

Sara said...

Your photos could have been here in SD, or in ND, or KS or NE. The big wide prairie is a beautiful place.

Ranch Wife said...

I'm quite envious of your time behind the lens, the shots you captured, and the fact that Cliff is standing in a pasture that has green grass. Yes, I know it's a black and white shot, but I also KNOW that grass is green, and I am envious of anything green these days. LOL.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

These are such great photos! You are really good with B&W photography. The barn photo under the clouds look so dramatic. Love the little sun behind the cloud you captured in the last photo of Cliff. A lovely collection!!

-Soma

Salmagundi said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful, but different, part of Colorado. Out-of-staters think of only Colorado mountains, but there is so much to love on the plains! Did you go through Wiggins??

Tom said...

...mighty nice sights in your neck of the woods.

Preeti said...

Alycia, you take fabulous pictures. You have a real talent and I wish you continued success in this field.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful photography Alycia!

Aditya Narayan Mohanty said...

Great black and white capture . Please tell something about my captures on my blog.

Lady Fi said...

What gorgeous shots.

Life Images by Jill said...

sometimes taking the back roads can show us the most interesting things. Enjoy the rest of your week. I am joining you at Wednesday around the World.

likeschocolate said...

You nailed the family shot! Great job! Glad you took the risk.