Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day and a new Design Wall Quilt

This weekend was so crazy - and I know - it's not really over yet, but Today is my Day of Remembrance - I am so glad we planned all the crazy things for Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Saturday - the Colorado Veteran Project hosted a HUUUUGE Ruck run and race . The Ruckers placed 25 pounds of non perishables in their packs and either did a 10K or a 30K march!

It was awesome - they also had a 5K to raise more money for Veterans Projects.

At the end of the races - you know Quilts of Valor was there!!!  We had a moment of silence for our Veterans not with us, and Then got to honor 5 Amazing Veterans.... and of course-- I have photos!

I did not take them - Becca of the Teamsters Horsemen, and Jen Burch of See Life Photography graciously shared with me - as I was to busy tripping over the cords on the stage. Ok Not really, I was VERY careful - I didn't want to mess up the band that followed us!!


This first one is mine, I was trying to cell phone photo with one hand and still talk into the mic with the other..... No one has ever said I was coordinated  - ha ha


















And then!!! My dear friend Sandy called and said - I have stuff for you - and so - this is what I found!
Enough blocks to make two quilts ( with border - but I am not to that stage yet!)  Won't these be Great Quilts of Valor??

I think that maybe she was planning one King Sized quilt - but I'd rather make 2 QOV sized quilts.
Hope you all are having a wonderful Memorial day and remembering your loved ones.


Linking to:
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday
Monday Making

9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I can see why you were worried about the cord mess! You do a fabulous job for our vets. Thank you.

Barob Book Blog said...

Wow! That looks like an awesome event. So glad you could participate and present those QOV. Keep up the good work for our mighty warriors.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just awesome, Alycia! Thank you for such an inspirational photo show.

Judy in Michigan said...

What a great event!! The quilts are so cool and the vets sure appreciated them. I've gotten great ideas from these quilt patterns and the ones you showed in the last few days. Thanks for everything you do!

AnnieO said...

Wonderful photos of the recipients and quilts. How happy they all look.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a wonderful presentation and some fabulous new quilt coming off the machine soon!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a fantastic day and such great quilt for our vets!

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful quilts for our wonderful veterans!! Always love their faces when presented with a quilt!! Your new gift will make two lovely QoVs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Testing to see if I can get the comments to come to my email ;-)