Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Wednesdays Quilt of Valor Show!!

I have a QOV sew group ( I know!!!!)  and we meet once a month and have a blast stitching away. Last month Bernie, Charlene and Diane brought the block to make, and had everything all cut out for us! We made 70 blocks - and.... somehow I ended up taking 35 of them home.....

and on the way home.... I had an Epiphany!!!

Okay - maybe just an idea.... so I came home and started playing, and took over another part of the house as I started laying this quilt out.....



The blocks they had us make were the half string blocks.... and I just kept seeing stars.... so - since we still had a bunch of strings left over... I made a few more blocks .....and it  became this  .... and now it is half way stitched together... having patience ... waiting for me to get back to it!!



Check out these almost finished quilts... they just need to be bound then we can wash them and get them ready for their Veterans

Quilted by Janna I

Below
Quilted by Stefanie C



and lastly quilted by C Brown:




8 comments:

Donna said...

Can’t wait to see how your top turns out! Looks great so far! You are very creative! I need a pattern and instructions but I would love to be more creative and fly by the seat of my pants!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Love it! Great idea.

Kate said...

Stringy Stars, what a great idea! Happy stitching this week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like youryo onto sometimes GOOD!!!

Carlie Nichols said...

Just got out my graph paper for these beautiful tops! Thanks again. Carlie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love the top quilt that you are working on.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love that new QOV quilt at the top! The others are great, but I want to make that one with the strings. =)

Moira said...

Love how the string stars is starting out!