Friday, February 16, 2018

Swoosh.... There it is....

I got sidetracked!

Allison - Over at Cluck Cluck Sew  Posted a photo of the Quilt pattern she wrote - called Slam Dunk....

And you all!!!  It is basketball season, and we are heading into districts - and well .....

I got sidetracked

(PS -my block is not perfect ( cuz I have a different machine that doesn't quite get me yet)   but her instructions are!!!)



I am so excited!! I have plans now for this block!!! and  The Plaids!!

So here is the funny about that. I have all boys. My boys really didn't/don't care to shop all that much, they mostly leave it to me.   Well!  I want plaids, and bright colors - so I figure if I buy their shirts in the fabrics I want to use in the future.... its win win... right???

So that orange? A plaid flannel shirt I bought Little bit about 4 sizes ago, and that Black? A shirt from Wrangler Man a lot of rodeos ago.....  The blue is from my stash... (sorry it's has no exciting story)


I LOVED the piecing Instructions for this block - she did a fabulous job !  There is the whole quilt info too, but also instructions for just one block - and that's what I wanted to try first.....

And Look - Proof that Little Bit plays basketball










Ps - In case you haven't seen my kid in a while - he is Number 21 of either Black or White.

and he is tall 
The end ;-)


4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Cute block and great way to recycle some shirts. I was 21 in red and 12 in white ... or was it the other way around? That was a LONG time ago!

barbara woods said...

cute block

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yes. I can see where that block would draw you in and make you MAKE it!!

Kate said...

I love your shirt buying strategy! Thankfully My Guy really likes brights (in fact the SIT enjoys finding the absolutely brightest shirt she can find for Father's Day). The basketball block is a lot of fun. Little Bit doesn't look so little in those action shots!