Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving a few days late.... but I have good reason....

I left again....   you probably don't know this - but I am really a homebody! Or a state Body? I really don't need to leave much, and this last month - that's all I seem to do! and!!  I survived ;-)

For Thanksgiving we headed out to see one of my kids - all of us had such a great time - and I took a gazillion batrillion photos ( surprise)

So I thought I would start with the Selfies and the Us-ies  ( Not sure if that's a word - but I like it!)


You'll probably never guess where we went?

 And just so you know
We are not the most practiced at Us-ies
We would not give the Kardashians a run for their money 


At night....
there is hardly anyone around
Except the guards
They are much nicer without people ;-)


We used public Transportation


At the top of Arlington


Thanksgiving Day
This is the one day we just hung out and did nothing
It was great - well - I guess we did do something
I cooked - They ate


And the city is being decorated for Christmas


This was my view from as we left...
I might have Cried



we walked just a little bit each day
I need new shoes now

Hope you all had a great one
I am off to read blogs and catch up
and decorate my house
and start the On Ringo Lake Mystery
and pick up the mail
and get groceries
and..... shew - you know!



6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that shot at the Washington Monument! How DO you get the boys to smile so nicely? I usually only get a snarl or a hand blocking a face. And... why does your DH look so surprised that you are taking ANOTHER picture? You think he'd be used to it by now!! LOL

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Your photos are just terrific....thanks for sharing them with us! My favorites are the ones of the whole family!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love your description of the photos you took -- and the term Us-ies. Good one!!!

WeedyMama said...

I always loved visiting DC. And you are right, public transportation and the good old shoe leather. I think it has been about 25 years since I last visited. Good to go through your eyes.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin the Quilter said...

So glad you were all able to be together for Thanksgiving. Looks like such a fun trip, not to mention even funnier people! LOLOLOL

Kate said...

Looks like you had a very fun and busy Thanksgiving. Love the Us-ies!