Wednesday, November 15, 2017

SkyBall Day 3 and some QOV photos

Day 3 at SkyBall was a formal Gala

But before the Gala anyone who wanted to could go see the World Premiere of a documentary called
"Journey Home to the USS Arizona"


It Was AWESOME

And it will soon be playing on PBS and other places -
in the meantime you can see the other 18 documentaries Tim has produced 
Here - 
and you can watch them!

I had the privilege of speaking to a 102 year old Veteran.
and he was  pretty cool ,and all relaxed

And then I learned who he really was!
LT  Cole from  Doolittle's Raiders!!

Oh my gosh! Does that make history really come to life
You have to go watch his film - seriously - Really Seriously!!

Oh and! Go eat some Jelly Bellies
The Jelly Belly people were there and supported this whole thing - 
And I met the owners - Its a family owned company - such cool people!


Alright - Back to the Gala: 
I should have had someone take a photo of me - I actually dressed up...
with real dress up clothes

and Holee Cow - people were in formal gowns - and Shew! 
What a night





The Medal Of Honor Recipients were honored

The different foundations that the AirPower Foundation supports were represented
an amazing Veteran who was burned over 75% of his body and lost 2 arms spoke to us
and the Beach Boys played


All of this is awesome and was so amazing


But I still love Honoring our Vets with Quilts of Valor
so on Thursday before Veterans Day these Three received their QOV's


and then these 10 received theirs
I love this!
I love it!!



it was good to get back home
I sorta like my house,
but what an honor to attend the SkyBall Gala

8 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Thanks again for sharing your story. I enjoyed each day.

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

The three-day Gala event is a forever memory for you! Thank you for sharing all the photos and impressions with us!

Kat said...

Sounds like an awesome event!

Libby in TN said...

That's the coolest thing I've heard about in a long time! So glad you got to go.

Mari said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! A well-deserved honor for all your work on behalf of veterans.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't believe you missed the opportunity to show a photo of you all gussied up!!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful three days with lots of memories. The QOVs look like they all went to great new homes.

Carlie Nichols said...

Awesome event! Thank you for all you do for our veterans and for the inspiration you give us!! Carlie Nichols