Monday, October 23, 2017

Centennial Village Re-enactment

Centennial Village is in the town to the west of us, and it has all the history of how Greeley got started. it's a pretty cool little place.  They hosted a Civil War Re-Enactment, and it was SO cool!

My son had to go for his History class, and my Friend said - I'm going to photograph, want to come - and so I did!!

I am so glad! We got to go *behind the war* and get embedded with the troops - and I tell you what!

Even tho this was a re-enactment, and they were shooting blanks - it gave us a total new respect for those embedded Journalists and photographers in real wars... Holee Molee.... but it was SO cool!!

 They actually shot this!
and it was loud
and the time it took to re-load , you can imagine how slow the Civil War seemed to today's


 I think that while they were reloading they needed some sort of cover
and this guy to the back shows up

Notice he's not in a uniform?

 This is a long rifle 
He talked about it after wards
It takes a while to reload


Just so you know
I didn't know I caught this
There were shots, and we were looking both ways
and it was loud

And I decided that Today's journalists look at their cameras in shock and say -
Wow - I caught that?



My photographer friend and I went to hide in the kitched
and not 5 minutes later this soldier comes right through our hiding place
and when he looked right at me, I think I thought about screaming

he was so great - he didn't even laugh at me scrambling to get out of the way


It was a great experience
and i was so lucky that my friend asked me to go



8 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Cool, very cool.

Pat said...

Great photos!

Kate said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. You got some great photos!

Angie said...

Wow - what an amazing experience, especially from behind the scenes. I like that you have black and white pix - I did a double take a couple of times, thinking - is that an old photo? Very nicely done. Have a wonderful week!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Fascinating experience and great photojournalism of the event :) I would have been very scared :)

-Soma

Farm Quilter said...

Amazing experience!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous pictures with us!

Murthy K v v s said...

Past days recaptured.

A Colorful World said...

What an awesome experience! Great shots of a fascinating history lesson "in the real."