Friday, August 04, 2017

Reserve Grand Champion - Heritage Arts

The Weld CO fair just happened here.... and Little Bit Entered his Elvis Quilt in the Heritage Arts division.  He won Champion in his Quilting class......

and the it went up against all the other Champions in the Heritage Arts Division -   ( including knitting and other cool things)  and he came out with Reserve Grand Champ!  Not to bad.

I should have taken a photo of the Grand Champion - she had a knitted vest that was spectacular!!!




This is his quilt unbound ... and he bound it in that blue. I am proud to say, he did not need any help on the binding this year - I was impressed - either that - or he wanted me out of the room!!  



Posing ;-)

And this is the quilt I entered
I took Third in my category




This is the one that took first in my category 
Wow!! I want to take that one home



Do you think she would notice if I just switched them out???



Linking to:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Busy Hands

20 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

High fives to Little Bit....awesome quilt!! Congrats to you as well....I"m sure no one would notice the switch ;-)

Judy V in Thornton CO said...

Congrats to your handsome son for his winning quilt! He looks so happy! I do love the quilting you did on yours, too.

Donna said...

Congratulations to both of you on your wins!!!

Libby in TN said...

Congrats to Little Bit (who doesn't look so little any more)! And to you, too.

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats to both of you on your wins! I agree with Libby-he doesn't look so little, LOL

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on your wins! All are awesome quilts and nah, I don't think anyone would notice of you switched out the quilts---wink, wink--

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia,
Congrats to both of you on your wins! I like you quilt better than the one that took first . . . just sayin'. ~smile~ Roseanne

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats to both of you - especially Little Bit!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, congrats to Little Bit and to you!

WeedyMama said...

Congrats all around! You never know what appeals to the judges. BUT, you have an amazing Modern Quilting movement in your neighborhood. I do have to chuckle -- just think, Elvis is retro!

Tami C said...

Congrats to the no longer little Little Bit! He sure did a great job! Congrats to you as well! I really like that pattern of yours!

Patti said...

WTG and congratulations to you both!

Kate said...

Congrats to you both! That Elvis quilt is really cool. What a fun idea.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Many congrats to all of you champions! So cool!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! to the quilting champs. Leave the division winner with her own quilt, please. I'm pretty sure she would notice, if you switched them!

Gypsy Quilter said...

How wonderful, what exciting news! Congratulations to you both.

Sandy Panagos said...

Congrats to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful for your son! Congratulations to both of you. You take that champion in your category if you want, I'd rather have yours!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Yeah! It's a great quilt!

Snowcatcher said...

Congratulations, Little Bit! Good to see you following in Mom's footsteps!!!