Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Life on the Ranch.... My Super Stars

Every little girl dreams of being a model at some point in her life..... and this little girl is no different!


Just look at the way that Farrah here flaunts her hair, and stands in the wind.....

It's like she wants to make you jealous, you with your hat hair, and yoga pants... right??






The men on the Ranch would like to have their time in the sun too - Fabio here, he wants you to see him for his beauty.... he's not just another Ranch horse you know!

( he asks that you don't hate him because he is so Beuoooo tiful!)




and .....  the escapees.... we need our Fabio and Farrah for these dummies.... they are escape artists .... I swear - they find the hole in any fence, and sometimes there isn't even a hole - they just make one.....  Big Blackie there on the right... he will chase you down for grain though.....


As you can see our snow has melted, the ice has disappeared, and it was actually warm enough for the tank heaters to turn off, so you know that means a blizzard is just around the corner......

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that your snow has melted. Here's hoping you are wrong about that blizzard being just around the corner!!

Terry said...

Oh such a pretty horse.

diana569 said...

Farrah looks so soft and fluffy and Fabio is so much handsom than the model! Do you name the cows too! Hope you are wrong about the blizzard, I think it's time for spring!

Carlie Nichols said...

That kinda weather is never a good sign here in western NC either. The guys and gals look happy. Carlie

Judy said...

Your horses are beautiful. I don't think I could sew much with those beauties around. I remember how much I didn't sew when we had chickens. I was outside for hours every day.

WeedyMama said...

Looks like Fabio and Farrah have their winter coats on. We still need them here too. But Fabio! that wig! Really dah'lin, do something about the wig.

Karol said...

LOVE your horses! Fondly remember my days on the farm with horses and cattle in the pasture and could ride whenever I wanted to. Dad bought and sold cattle and horses so there were lots around. Around the end of the era of chore teams too. No one wanted or needed horses anymore. I would meet them as they came off the truck so they would know me. Then I could walk up to any of them in the pasture. Thus I was the one that had to bring them back to the truck when their time came for that last ride to the processing plant. :-( I always cried. Especially so when the most beautiful Belgian stallion had to go.

Farm Quilter said...

Life on the farm is wonderful, isn't it?? Farrah and Fabio are gorgeous!! The intense concentration in Fabio's eye...he is gonna get that steer!!! What is it with cattle...we have a just a couple that we have raised for the freezer, and those buggers could jump the 6'+ fence (or they hopped in and out of the trough to get to the horse pasture with its lower fences) and take off, only to be found MILES away! So nice to not have to have the heaters on - really lowers the power bills! Hubby has been using our small heater this year since I'm taking care of my dad in another state...if I was home I would be using the axe to get through the foot of ice on the trough. Makes me miss home that much more!

Paige said...

They are all beautiful!

Kate said...

Fun photos! Hopefully your horsey models don't require the special treatment the human kind do.