Friday, February 03, 2017

Color Palette Challenge Finish ( Finally)

Way back in the Dark Ages  Vicki W and Judy L hosted a Color Palette Challenge....

Alright - it was really 2012.... but today - that seems like a Lonnnnng Looooong way aways ago.

Each Month they would present a photo that they had changed into a color palette , which you were to use to pull your fabrics and make something.

Here was the Palette for March - and boy Oh Boy did I struggle to find fabrics... But I persevered!



This is the little quilt that I made
It is 36 x 54 inches


and ( Katie Z sit Down!!)  I bound it this week!!
Yep - I did - for real

Here's a little close up of the quilting


And my Artsy Fartsy Shot
It should be in a magazine right?
I just crack myself up!



Oh!! And the back!
It is to the left of the Color Palette
So I included it too!


And... Another one Bites the dust!!

Linking to:
Fabric Frenzy Friday
TGI Friday at Summer Lee
Busy Hands

14 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

You really ROCKED that Color Palette Challenge!! LOVE the movement of that black and white print and the quilting is phenomenal. So what if it was a LITTLE late!!

Judy V from Thornton CO said...

Your quilting is just fabulous as well as the way you transferred the photo color palette to a quilt!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

This is beautiful. The pallet is not something I would have chosen but you put together those colors so well. I learn something every day and this was one. Mary in Az

Terry said...

It has a unique look, rather pretty actually. Nice to have it done.

Jayne said...

I always have a hard time with orange! Your combination is beautiful and the quilting is amazing!

Anonymous said...

That would have been a fun challenge! And I like your results. You used the colors well.

Kat Scribner said...

Love the quilting and the vibrant colors. You are still on a roll, the momentum is in overdrive ........ Lucky you... keep trying to top yourself. lol

Terri said...

Congratulations on another finish, and WOW what a quilt. Love the color way and the fabrics you chose to represent. Good Job! Thanks for sharing your quilt with us.
Hugs

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, it's a good thing I was already sitting down, or I would have collapsed! Lol! You're doing such a great job finishing quilts lately.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

How wonderful to have finally finished - it looks great - what fabulous colours

Vicki W said...

Oh wow! I am impressed!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the finish - and love that sentence - "another one bites the dust" (LOL)

Jen said...

You hit this palette challenge spot on! What an amazing little quilt! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Kate said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish! You nailed the color palette (and the magazine shot too!).